Appearing in "Webbed Hands, Warm Heart!"
- Ludberdites (First appearance)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Webbed Hands, Warm Heart!"
As the Defenders are being prepared for a mind-alteration by the Headmen, Chondu (with his mind now trapped in the body of the Hulk's pet deer Bambi.) tries to break free from Dr. Strange's Sanctum to warn the other Headmen of the Defender's deception, but as he smashes out a window, he is captured by a strange lizard like creature.
Meanwhile, at the Headmen's secret headquarters, the Headmen prepare their experiment Jack Norris (in Nighthawk's body, whom the Headmen think is still under the control of Chondu) manages to free the Defenders and they begin to battle the Headmen. In the confusion Jack manages to retrieve Nighthawk's brain and while making his escape is captured by the same alien ship and lizard creatures that have captured many others including Bambi/Chondu. The leader of these lizards is revealed to be none other than Nebulon, who calls the lizards his followers the Ludberdites.
- Ruby Thursday next appears in Defenders Vol 1 35
- This issue contains a letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are published from Bruce Canwell, The Anonymous Letter Writer, mark Dooley, and John O'Neil.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#JV-153.
- The Ludberdite aliens say that the young abducted people are (in their) "first trimester of lifespan", apparently meaning "in the first third of (a human) life expectancy." A trimester is not one-third; but a period of three months: A human in her first trimester of lifespan is a baby; and can easily reach 300 more trimesters of lifespan. The Ludberdite aliens are clearly not fluent in English language.