Appearing in "World Without End?"
- Melvin (First appearance)
- Samantha Parrington (Mentioned)
- Barbara Denton (Mentioned)
- Enchantress (Amora) (Mentioned)
- Black Knight (Dane Whitman) (in stone statue form)
- Betty Prentiss
- Yandroth (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "World Without End?"
While walking the streets of Greenwich Village, Valkyrie tries to make sense of where her life is supposed to go. After she stops a bunch of hooded thieves from mugging her, she returns to Dr. Strange's sanctum for advice on how to deal with her aggressiveness towards men. Suggesting that perhaps her first step in dealing peacefully with men would be to seek it with her comrades, Strange hands her two crystals that will allow her to find the location of both the Sub-Mariner and the Hulk.
Finding Namor at the home of Betty Prentiss visiting his cousin Namorita, Val is scolded by Namor for intruding. While explaining that the Defenders are not an ordinary team, the Sub-Mariner is suddenly transported away. Realizing the crystal is still tracking Namor, Val and Namorita decide to go and pick up the Hulk before going after him. However, when the two get to the Hulk, the Hulk in his misplaced rage attacks. During his initial strike he too is transported away, Val and Namorita then decide to find out where they were transported.
They are brought to the location where the Defenders previously fought the computer the Omegatron, there the computer captures the two and informs them in spite of the fact that it's trapped in a bubble of slower time it still will end up finishing it's countdown and destroy the Earth. The computer informs them that all it need do after the countdown is speak it's masters name.
When Val and Namorita try to stop it, the computer sends duplicates of the Hulk and Sub-Mariner to try and stop them. Aragorn is able to identify the originals, which dispels the duplicates, leaving just the mind-controlled Defenders. The Valkyrie manages to fight them off. When the Omegatron reaches zero it breaks free of it's computer housing in a gigantic humanoid form. However before it can speak it's masters name, Val chops it's head off, destroying it and saving the world. Afterwards, while the dimwitted Hulk hops away angry, Namor tells her that she has shown her true bravery that day.
- This issue contains a letters page, Defenders Dialogue'. Letters are published from Lawrence Ross, Mark Gervais, Ted Palrabeis, Mike Shonk and Gary W. Crealy.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#1250-Z.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Defenders Vol 1 5 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Defenders Vol 1 5
- 1 Reprints of Defenders Vol 1 5
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|