Appearing in "Day of the Great Ones"
Races and Species:
- Stinger Crafts
Synopsis for "Day of the Great Ones"
On the Kree homeworld, the Supreme Intelligence has called a group of Kree to the planet for genetic upgrading, among them is Commander Tar-Vash in charge of the front line battles against the Toad Men, Tar-Vash mentions how the new super-weapon is aiding them.
Meanwhile on Trellnax-3, Namor, Hulk and Doctor Strange appear and disguise themselves so they may search for the Silver Surfer, Hulk makes them go to a diner which is full of Toad Men, Hulk attacks them, a fight begins with the Defenders defeating them quickly whilst a mysterious stranger watches. Strange stops the battle and gets information on the Surfer from a toad man. They are told the Silver Surfer was captured by the Kree when he came to warn them of the Kree invasion and has not been seen since.
Suddenly the area becomes under attack by Tar-Vash and his Kree soldiers. The toad men take to battle with the Defenders on-side. They battle the huge Kree pacifier units, bringing them down until the defenders were captured in strength draining bubbles. They are all nearly unconscious when the Hulk manages to free himself with one last punch, Hulk destroyed the machine the Kree were using to manipulate the power cosmic and finds the Silver Surfer trapped inside. Hulk, now a friend of the Toad Men demands the Defenders stay to eat whilst Strange contacts the others.
- A Toad Man tells this part of the series.
- This issue features a letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are published from Scott Faubion, Andrzej Kuras, Jamie Creer, Jonathan Nolan, ClarenceTheBest, and Paul Watson.
- This cover is imitative of Jack Kirby's Silver Age original Fantastic Four one. The Search for the Silver Surfer mantra is also imitative of a later Stan Lee script.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Defenders Vol 2 8 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Defenders Vol 2 8
- 2 Reprints of Defenders Vol 2 8
|Like this? Let us know!|