Appearing in "Breaker of Worlds - Part 1: I Hate Myself and Want to Die"
- Defenders (First full appearance)
- Unnamed whalers (Only appearance)
- Unnamed assassin (Only appearance)
- New Men of Mt. Wundagore (First appearance)
- Count Tagar (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Numerous unnamed others
- Prester John (First appearance)
- Numerous unnamed psychic sensitives (Only appearance)
- Numerous unnamed nurses (Only appearance)
- Unnamed ward supervisor (Only appearance)
- Unnamed ward supervisor's uncle (Referenced)
- Unnamed elevator passengers (Only appearance) (Shadow only)
- Unnamed Tarom Air Flight 223 pilot (Only appearance; dies)
- Unnamed Tarom Air Flight 223 co-pilot (Only appearance; dies)
- Molly (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Notebooks Joe (Joe Mitchell) (Referenced) (Deceased)
- Mr. Spock (Mentioned)
- Dongxi—Rand (First appearance)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Avengers (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Mutant Atlantean-Human Hybrids (First full appearance)
- Zenn-Lavians (First full appearance)
- New Men (First appearance)
- Omega (Unnamed)
- North America
- Asia (First appearance)
- China (First appearance)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Concordance Engine (Drawing) (Unnamed)
- Namor's sword (Only appearance)
- Savage Sword of She-Hulk (First appearance)
- Unnamed assassin's urumi (Only appearance) (Destruction)
- Iron Fist's Suit (First full appearance)
- Iron Fist's Marvelman #25 (Only appearance) (Destruction)
- Dr. Moreau's Isle (Mentioned)
- Evil Eye (First appearance)
- Tarom Air Flight 223 (Only appearance) (Destruction)
- Silver Surfer's Surfboard (First full appearance)
- Dongxi-Rand (Only appearance) (Destruction)
Synopsis for "Breaker of Worlds - Part 1: I Hate Myself and Want to Die"
In Bucharest, Romania, a string of bizarre, improbable, or impossible occurrences marks the path of Nul, Breaker of Worlds, released from his hammer after the Hulk destroyed it. An unnamed narrator explains that "the membrane that protects us all from impossible nightmares is thin and fragile. All it takes is one thing to rupture it and the entire world can break..."
In New York City, Doctor Strange is feeling slightly lovelorn after an uncharacteristic one-night stand. He looks for clues in the metaphorical tea leaves but finds only the message "R.A.G.E." The following evening, Hulk pushes past Wong into the Sanctum Sanctorum asking for help: he needs Strange to gather their old Defenders teammates and stop Nul from walking the earth. Though Strange is pondering a mystery of his own -- the odd images he saw in the vision of Notebooks Joe -- he agrees.
They first contact Namor, then Silver Surfer. Hulk refuses to go any further, saying he doesn't dare go near Nul, but suggests his ex-wife Betty (the Red She-Hulk) if they want some extra muscle. Betty, whom they discover bored and frustrated in Pamplona, Spain, is willing to come along, provided she can bring her "big-ass sword."
Needing transportation, they call on Daniel Rand, aka Iron Fist, whose own life had taken a turn for the interesting when an assassin attacked him during tests of a zero-g plane. Nul's pattern of destruction shows him to be en route to Wundagore Mountain ("a place of weird science and astonishing tales"). As the Defenders follow his trail, Rand's very expensive new plane is brought down by a missile, leaving them stranded but mostly unharmed--
--until Iron Fist is shot. The rest of the team look up to see the menacing figure of Prester John, brandishing the Evil Eye and vowing that the Defenders will not be permitted to interfere. With him is a small army of his New Men -- animal-headed soldiers -- who have the heroes completely surrounded.
• Spinning out of the stunning end of FEAR ITSELF! The final Worthy on a global rampage!
• Matt Fraction (FEAR ITSELF, THE MIGHTY THOR, INVINCIBLE IRON MAN) reteams with TERRY DODSON (UNCANNY X-MEN, SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN)!
• Everyone's favorite Marvel characters banding together to solve a mysterious conspiracy deep at the heart of the Marvel Universe!
• The last line of defense against the forces of the unknown!
- Strange says "I flew to the Aegean, where I found Namor. The Surfer, by coincidence, was in the Cantabrians not far from there." The Aegean Sea is in the eastern Mediterranean. The Cantabrian Mountains are in northern Spain, at least 800 miles away.
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|