Dawn of the Gods
Demiurge is the sentient life force of Earth's biosphere who seeded the Earth with 'pieces' of its own life essence, giving birth to the Elder Gods. Eventually all of the Elder Gods, save for Oshtur and Gaea, descended into degeneracy, becoming life-destroying demons. To stop them, Gaea meditated, and mated with the Demiurge, conceiving within her a force to fight them, Atum.
William Kaplan, born to Rebbecca and Jeff Kaplan in New York City, was destined to become the omnipotent Demiurge. The trickster god Loki tried to take advantage of this by manipulating Wiccan into giving him his power.
When the Young Avengers faced an interdimensional parasite known as Mother, Billy tried to tap into the power of Demiurge, but failed. Once Loki freed Hulkling, Hulkling comforted Billy, and reconciled with him. Their reunion allowed Billy to achieve his full potential, and finally destroy Mother, and get rid of the alternate Young Avengers.
- The Demiurge (Demiourgos in Greek) was a figure in In the Platonic, Neopythagorean, Middle Platonic, and Neoplatonic schools of philosophy, as an artisan-like figure responsible for fashioning and maintaining the physical universe, and in Gnosticism, as an evil counterpart of God and the creator of the material world, a place of sin.
- The Gnostic version was possibly a source of inspiration for H.P. Lovecraft's Azathoth. Azathoth was the primordial progenitor of many eldritch beings, including some of the Old Ones, and a central figure in the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Marvel Comics' Demiurge didn't create the world, but instead seeded Earth with life, and was the progenitor of the Elder Gods, a group seemingly inspired by the likes of the Old Ones.
- 2 appearance(s) of Demiurge (Earth-616)
- 2 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Demiurge (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Demiurge (Earth-616)
- 7 mention(s) of Demiurge (Earth-616)
- 5 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Demiurge (Earth-616)
- 2 image(s) of Demiurge (Earth-616)