Ted Sallis' serum derivation, SS-8, was used by Daemian Wainscroft, unintentionally mutating his son Deke into a powerful form until being functionally lobotomized by the Punisher. He was taken into custody by S.H.I.E.L.D. He was later taken to a deserted island by his father so he could study the Super-Soldier Serum in him.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Deke developed superhuman strength of an unknown level. He easily overpowered the Punisher and fought off nearly a dozen men sent to apprehend him.
- Superhuman Durability: Deke developed a high level of superhuman durability. He could survive multiple blows that would normally be fatal or debilitating to a normal person.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If Deke was injured, he could rapidly heal from injuries far more quickly than the average person. He could recover from being stabbed, impaled, shot multiple times, a fall from a multistory building, and even set ablaze.
He has knowledge in the use of explosives.
- Deke was addicted to drugs.
- After his mutation, Deke developed the urge to drink blood. It's unrevealed if he needed to drink blood to survive or if it was simply an addiction he developed.
- He was insane as he believed that his dead friend Zonkers was alive, carrying his head around with him.
- The only part of Deke's body that couldn't heal was his head. Punisher was able to inflict severe brain injury upon Deke after striking his head multiple time.