- —Dinah Soar[src]
Much of Dinah Soar's history remains a mystery. However, during her long life, she came to live in Wisconsin where she was drawn to helping others despite her inability to verbally communicate with others and many humans fearing her appearance.
As part of the Great Lakes Avengers, Dinah Soar fell in love with Mr. Immortal. Her species monogamously mates for life and when a life partner is chosen, they become the one individual able to understand their verbal communication. For four years, the pair was happily partnered.
As a member of the Great Lakes Avengers, Dinah Soar fought against Doctor Tannenbaum, the Yuletide Terrorist, the Thunderbolts, and Deadpool. She also received training from Hawkeye and Mockingbird. During a training exercise, Mr. Immortal fell into the Darkforce Dimension through Doorman; Dinah responded by quickly flew into Doorman to rescue Mr. Immortal.
Now, somewhere beyond the empty void of obvillion, Dinah Soar plays cards with the other deceased members of the Great Lakes Avengers (including Grasshopper, Monkey Joe, and H'rpra impersonating Mockingbird).
Powers and Abilities
Dinah Soar appeared as a pterosaur-like humanoid with the following abilities:
- Flight: Dinah could fly via her razor-tipped wings that protruded from her back and attached to her arms. In flight, she had great maneuverability and could achieve very high speeds. Her feet were equipped to hold people while she was aloft.
- Acoustikinesis: Dinah's vocal range was hypersonic and inaudible to most individuals. She could use her voice as an offensive weapon by varying the pitch and wavelength. She could also disrupt others' sonic powers.
- Advanced Longevity: Dinah has reported that her species live very long lives.
- Dinah's name is a pun on the word "dinosaur."
- An In Memory photo of Dinah Soar can be seen in the GLA Headquarters in Great Lakes Avengers #1.
- 19 appearance(s) of Dinah Soar (Earth-616)
- 4 minor appearance(s) of Dinah Soar (Earth-616)
- 3 mentions of Dinah Soar (Earth-616)
- 49 image(s) of Dinah Soar (Earth-616)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Dinah Soar (Earth-616)