Appearing in "They Walk by Night!"Edit
- Undying Ones (First appearance)
- Eternity (Only in flashback)
- Kenneth Ward (Only appearance; dies)
- Ikonn (Invoked)
- Watoomb (Invoked)
- Seraphim (Invoked)
- New York City
- Kenneth Ward's home
- Asia (Only in flashback)
- Himalayas (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "They Walk by Night!"Edit
One night when Doctor Strange receives a telegram asking for help from an old associate named Kenneth Ward, he is perplexed to see that it is addressed to "Stephen Sanders"; investigating he realizes that Eternity had changed reality so that Stephen's name was different, in order to protect his secret identity of Sorcerer Supreme.
Traveling to Kenneth's home, Stephen is shocked to find that Kenneth now has hired staff. Visiting his weak friend, Strange learns that while Kenneth was exploring the Himalayan mountain range, he found an idol of the Undying Ones and that he's been haunted and ill ever since. Realizing the "hired help" are really demons under the employ of the Ancient Ones, Strange battles them and eventually kills them by exposing them to sunlight. The effort is too little too late, as Kenneth dies during the battle. However, Stephen vows to stop the Undying Ones' evil from polluting the earthly realm.
- This would be the final issue of the first Doctor Strange run, the series. At the time it was abruptly canceled because it could not sustain enough readership to continue publication. The loose ends of this plotline would be tied up in Sub-Mariner #22 and Incredible Hulk #126; Strange would not appear again until Marvel Feature #1.
Who are the Undying Ones? And why must Doc defeat them?
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|