Appearing in "Cloak and Dagger"
- Silver Dagger
- A skulker
- Christ (Mentioned)
- Cotton Mather (Mentioned)
- Inquisition (Mentioned)
- The Devil (Mentioned)
- Ancient One (Mentioned)
- Vishanti (Mentioned)
- Seraphim (Mentioned)
- The caterpillar
- Catholic Church (First appearance)
- The Pope
- The new Pope
- Good Lord (Invoked)
- Vishanti (Invoked)
- Mother of Mercy (Invoked)
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Only in flashback)
- Kaa-U (Mentioned)
- Himalayas (Only in flashback)
- Ancient One's home (Only in flashback)
- Egypt (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed locations
- Agamotto's Dimension
- Eye of Agamotto
- Cloak of Levitation
- Necronomicon (Only in flashback)
- Silver Dagger
- Orb of Agamotto (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Cloak and Dagger"
While torturing Clea, Silver Dagger reveals his origin. He explains how he was once a member of the Vatican and was a potential successor to the Pope. However, he was overlooked due to his youth and fanaticism. He then studied the black arts and was determined to become God's weapon and fight against the followers of Satan. While studying to be "the Silver Dagger," he traveled the world slaughtering those he viewed as his opponents. He then sought out The Ancient One, but he was too late. There was now a new Sorcerer Supreme -- Dr. Strange.
As the Silver Dagger continues his tale to Clea, Dr. Strange, has just finished his battle against Death. He exits in Earth's realm through the Eye of Agamotto and enters Silver Dagger's lair. Still disorientated, he enters a wax dummy of himself and uses it to attack Silver Dagger, but to no avail. He then possesses Clea's body and the two manage to escape to Strange's Sanctum. There, Strange's spirit returns to his mortal body.
Silver Dagger arrives shortly after, turning the power of the Eye of Agamotto against Strange and Clea, but they are able to turn the Eye's power against their foe with the Shield of the Seraphim. Silver Dagger suddenly sees the truth of his charlatan ways and willingly walks into the portal in which the Eye has opened.
- Cover art: pencils and inks by Brunner, colours by Starlin.
- Plot by Englehart and Brunner, script by Englehart.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Doctor Strange Vol 2 5 on the forums
- 2 Image(s) from Doctor Strange Vol 2 5
- 3 Reprints of Doctor Strange Vol 2 5
|Like this? Let us know!|