Appearing in "The New Face of Magic"
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (Main story and flashback)
- MGH Dealers (Only in flashback)
- Undentified creature
- Baron Mordo (Karl Mordo) (Main story and flashback) (Return)
- Roxxon Air (Name only)
- Empirikul (Mentioned)
- Monako (Mentioned)
- Numerous unnamed New Yorkers
- Secret Disciples of Strange (Mentioned) (Disbanded)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
- China (Only in flashback)
- Hell (Mentioned)
- Mutant Growth Hormone (Only in flashback)
- Healing Elixir (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The New Face of Magic"
We see Stephen Strange many years ago trying to regain his hands using Mutant Growth Hormone. He overdoses and nearly dies, but is awakened by the invisible astral projection of the Ancient One, who tells him to "keep searching".
He goes to the Sanctum Sanctorum, which is now boarded up and decrepit-looking. Zelma Stanton is there sorting through old spells to find the ones that still work. Wong teleports in and tells Stephen that the Secret Disciples of Strange have been disbanded.
We are then shown a time when Mordo came to Stephen with an elixir that would heal his hands, but Strange refused and continued to train with the Ancient One. In present day, he saves a girl from an inter-dimensional parasite using a baseball bat.
We then see Chondu working late at the Bar With No Doors as Mordo approaches from a shadowy corner.
“Last Days of Magic” aftermath!
• How did Stephen Strange become the Sorcerer Supreme?
• And how has he lost it all?