- —Don of the Dead[src]
After leaving S.H.I.E.L.D., he adopted a new persona under the alias of "Don of the Dead", pretending to be Mexican. He was elected governor of Michoacán in western Mexico, where he and his men were personally trained by Taskmaster at the nearby Meso-American ruins, though this was a ruse to claim the bounty on the mercenary's head. The Don of the Dead had become the leader of his very own cartel, with a focus on methamphetamine.
- The Don's alias and costume are references to the Day of the Dead, a holiday celebrated throughout Mexico; meanwhile, he and his men worshiped Santa Muerte, a Catholic personification of Death.
- Taskmaster donned his signature mask as an homage to the Santa Muerte, to show solidarity to the Don and his men.
- The Don has a band called "Narcorridos", featuring songs that narrate the Don's so called "exploits" to entertain his followers.
- 3 appearance(s) of Don of the Dead (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Don of the Dead (Earth-616)
- 4 image(s) of Don of the Dead (Earth-616)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Don of the Dead (Earth-616)