The Doom Squad was formed by Doctor Doom. Four of the best soldiers in the Latverian Army were provided with high-tech armors, designed by Doom himself "to defeat the Fantastic Four." Only one Doom Squad was formed, with supposedly fearless troopers which were trained and familiarized with the armors. They even were known in Latveria.
The armors were first used in Doom's Adirondack Mountains castle, New York State, under the command of a Doombot they believed to be Doom himself. The X-Men were infiltrating the castle supposedly to release a prisoner; but the Doombot, expecting this, emptied the cell and alerted the Squad. The Squad fought with Wolverine, Colossus, Angel and Nightcrawler.
Under the leadership of Angel, the X-Men's teamwork was enough to defeat the less-resourceful Squad: The Angel was entangled by a Squad member, but he flew away so that the armored warrior was as imprisoned as he was, giving Wolverine a chance to rip away his armor. Another Squad member trapped Nightcrawler in his net, but Nightcrawler tricked this man and his partner to shoot each other while he teleported away. The last survivor, aghast, decided to retreat, but the Doombot noticed that and decided to punish him.
The armors were never tested against the Fantastic Four, as was intended.
- Infrared Scanners: Can detect heat sources in line of sight.
- Grappling Lines: Can shoot six steel wires from holes in the breast plate, to grapple an enemy.
- Force lightnings: Each arm of the armor ends in a steel ball that can shoot a very powerful lightning. The bolt can also be shot from their chests.
- Asbestos Net: Can shoot an asbestos net from the breast plate, specially effective against fire attacks.
- Flight: Jets in the boots allow them to fly, although at a very low speed.
- 3 Appearances of Doom Squad (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Doom Squad (Earth-616)
- Media Doom Squad (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images that include Doom Squad (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Doom Squad (Earth-616)