Dormammu was a powerful ancient entity who ruled over the Dark Dimension, where time didn't exist, making him virtually immortal. Although Dormammu had already conquered many realities throughout the Multiverse, he couldn't invade Earth due to the Sanctums built by the Masters of the Mystic Arts to protect it from any extradimensional threat.
Dormammu was summoned by Kaecilius and his followers, the Zealots, through a ritual taken from the Book of Cagliostro that allowed them to draw power from the Dark Dimension. Kaecilius and his Zealots planned to use said power to destroy the three Sanctums, and make way for Dormammu to conquer Earth in the hopes that it would bring forth a dimensional utopia without time and death to Earth.
After Kaecilius destroyed two of the three Sanctums, Dormammu started his invasion. However, it was soon interrupted by Doctor Strange, who used the Eye of Agamotto (actually an Infinity Stone) to trap himself and Dormammu in a time loop in which they would live forever if Dormammu didn't accept to leave Earth with his followers. With no other choice, Dormammu agreed to Strange's demands and left Earth with Kaecilius and the other Zealots, turning them into Mindless Ones in the process.
Dark Dimension Manipulation: As the absolute ruler of the Dark Dimension, Dormammu has absolute control over the Dark Dimension.
Immortality: Dormammu's existence in the timeless Dark Dimension effectively makes him ageless. He is regarded as a primordial being.
Power Bestowal: Dormammu can bestow mystical powers to other beings.
Reality Warping: Dormammu has complete control over the Dark Dimension, with the dimension itself warping to form his face. He uses the dimension as a weapon, utilizing it to constantly kill Doctor Strange over and over again, either with energy blasts or by manipulating the very ground he stood on, when the latter trapped him in an infinite time loop using the Time Stone.
- Dormammu is portrayed through motion capture by Benedict Cumberbatch, who also portrays Stephen Strange, in the film Doctor Strange. Cumberbatch himself suggested the idea to director Scott Derrickson, and he went along with it to showcase how Dormammu was "an ultra-inflated version of Strange". For Dormammu's voice, Cumberbatch's voice was blended with that of another actor.
- The producers of Doctor Strange originally had Tony Todd provide the voice of Dormammu, but in the end went with Cumberbatch instead.
- 2 Appearances of Dormammu (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Dormammu (Earth-199999)
- Media Dormammu (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Dormammu (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Dormammu (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Dormammu (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Doctor Strange (film)
- ↑ Krupa, Daniel (October 25, 2016). Benedict Cumberbatch Plays a Second Marvel Character in Doctor Strange. IGN. Retrieved on November 1, 2016.
- ↑ Dueben, Alex (January 27, 2017). INTERVIEW: Genre Vet Tony Todd Talks His Career, Zoom and Returning to Theater. CBR. Retrieved on January 31, 2017.
|Like this? Let us know!|