Age of Dragons
Among those giant reptiles rose kings and necromancers, the Dragon Kings, who had a wicked and cruel way of life. They built monolithic cities of black stone, and studied the dark arts.
Thousand Year War
Men built first Nemedis, their first city, then Althaar, Yb and Yaodar, and fought the Dragon Kings for dominance of Lemuria, during the Thousand Year War, first forced to retreat behind their cities' walls. Thungarth was eventually approached by the deity Father Gorm who offered him the Star Sword, imbued with the power of the Nineteen Gods, giving Men the strength to destroy the Dragon Kings, ending the Age of Dragons and starting the Age of Men.
Age of Men
Representatives: Sssaaa, High Priest of the Dragon Kings
- The Dragon Kings were created by Lin Carter in his Thongor series.
- They are similar to the Serpent Men (who were later confirmed to be similar looking and to be two different offspring of Sligguth). Similarly, Carter's Slorgs are close to the Man-Serpents.
- It's unclear if the name "Serpent Gods" used in the cover of Creatures on the Loose #26 is supposed to be about the Zemadar or the Dragon Kings. The Marvel Appendix retains the latter option.
- Discuss Dragon Kings (Race) on the forums
- Appearances of Dragon Kings (Race)
- Minor Appearances of Dragon Kings (Race)
- Media Dragon Kings (Race) was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Dragon Kings (Race)
- Images of Dragon Kings (Race)
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Creatures on the Loose #26
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Set's entry
- ↑ Creatures on the Loose #28
- ↑ Creatures on the Loose #26's cover
- ↑ Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Demons's entry
- ↑ Creatures on the Loose #27; Creature Features (letters' page)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Creatures on the Loose #29
- ↑ Dragon Kings at the Marvel Appendix