1940sDynamic Man started out as an android created by the brilliant scientist Professor Goettler. However, when the professor threw the switch to bring life to Dynamic Man, the excitement was too much for him, and he died. Dynamic Man resolves to use his amazing powers for the betterment of humanity, and flies away to civilization. He became an F.B.I. agent using the alias Curt Cowan. When not working for the F.B.I., he would don a costume and become the superhero Dynamic Man. He had a number of adventures before getting involved during World War II, most of these would be assigned to him as an agent of the FBI, but he would solve them in his costumed identity as the Dynamic Man.
]In his first recorded adventure, in his civilian identity of Curt Cowan, he would be assigned by the FBI to investigate a supposed "crack pot" claim that someone was causing a series of droughts in the American mid-west. Investigating things further, he would learn that millionaire banker King Bascom had invented a device to cause drought conditions so that he could buy up failing farmland cheap and have a controlling stake in Americas food supply. Attacking Bascom directly, the Dynamic Man would eventually capture him and force him to confess his crimes ending his plot. Next he would investigate the sabotaging of a dam, and learn that it was part of a series of plots by Dr. Peter Vee who was attempting to cause attacks on America to cripple the country on behalf of foreign spies. Tracking Vee down as he attempted to flee the country by boat, the Dynamic Man would toss him into the ocean, leaving him to either drown or be collected by the authorities.Later, when the criminal known as the Hood began targeting bankers in the city, Curt Cowan would be sent to investigate. He would question the surviving bankers as Cowan and defend them as the Dynamic Man. Ultimately, the Dynamic Man would capture the Hood, revealing him to be Willard Thomas -- a banker himself -- who had a trust fund with a number of his colleagues, he had been attempting to murder his co-trustees in order to claim all the money for himself. In his last recorded adventure with the FBI, Cowan would investigate a series of strange gold thefts and reveal them to be the work of thieves that created a magnet that attracted gold. After they succeeded to rob Fort Knox, they would attempt to rob the Bank of England, however the Dynamo Man would destroy their zeppelin, ending their plot
Dynamic Man was among the heroes that fought the Nazis and while infiltrating a base, he was among the Twelve heroes captured and put in suspended animation.
During a battle with the Nazis during Elbe Day, the Phantom Reporter narrated, "Dynamic Man said you couldn't throw a rock without hitting somebody in a mask and tights. 'And those are just the pansies in the German army,' he said, then added-- 'They'd probably run even faster if they weren't wearing those stiletto heels.' Curt was always saying things like that. He made a point of saying them. Which made some of us wonder if maybe it was D.M. who had something besides his costume hidden deep in his closet."
Dynamic Man also displayed a particularly homophobic attitude towards the flamboyant Blue Blade. He also showed a possible racist side, when upon catching a black man he thought was robbing a white woman, only for the white woman to tell Dynamic man that was her husband. He immediately left, without catching the actual thief. In a quick interview, Dynamic Man called J. Edgar Hoover a man's man (perhaps an intentional irony because Hoover's enemies have spread the rumor that he reportedly liked to dress up in women's clothes). He became increasingly colder with time, seeking fame and recognition, and stressing his status as the Man of Tomorrow. His homophobia increased to the point of threatening a gay supporter with bodily harm.
Dynamic Man possesses a number of superhuman powers ultimately derived from his artificial substance and metabolism. Dynamic Man's android body is functioning replica of a human body containing analogues to virtually all human organs, blood, and tissue, composed of an unrevealed synthetic organic-like substance. This substance mimics all the functions of human tissue, but is several times as strong, durable and resilient.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed' Dynamic Man is able to move at speeds beyond that of an average human being.
- Superhuman Durability Dynamic Man, being an android, was impervious to nearly everything except for a rare substance known as lantholum.
- Superhuman Stamina: Dynamic Man is capable of exerting himself at peak capacity for about twenty-four hours before fatigue.
- Superhuman Reflexes Dynamic Man's practical reaction time is more than twice as fast as that of an average human being.
- Magnetic Manipulation: Dynamic Man could use magnetic fields to repel bullets and yank guns from the hands of criminals.
- Audio Sensitivity: Dynamic Man can adjust the sensitivity of his audio receptors to a point where he can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Visual Scanners: Dynamic Man is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Vocal Imitation: Dynamic Man is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling him to impersonate them and even create his own.
- Computer Interface: Dynamic Man can communicate and interact with other computer systems.
- Superhuman Intelligence: He also is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data.
His costume was green with a black belt and four yellow lightning bolts on his chest, the top two diagonal on his upper chest, the other two horizontal across the lower part of his chest.
- 18 Appearances of Dynamic Man (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Dynamic Man (Earth-616)
- Media Dynamic Man (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring Dynamic Man (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Dynamic Man (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Dynamic Man (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|