When two entities known as the Brothers (the embodiments of both the Marvel and DC multiverses) remembered each other's existence, they pitted combatants from their respective realities together. The winner would then destroy the loser (and its own respective multiverse). To prevent this from happening, the Living Tribunal and the Spectre joined forces and combined the two universes together, creating the Amalgam universe. This universe had its own unique history which was a combination of both multiverses.
With the help of the hero named Access, the Living Tribunal and the Spectre managed to separate the two realities once more and the Amalgam Universe ceased to exist.
Later, Doctor Strangefate attempted to recreate the Amalgam Universe, and he was then defeated by Doctor Strange. Victorious, Doctor Strange allowed a semblance of Doctor Strangefate's Amalgam reality to exist within a contained vessel and gave the vessel to Access for safe keeping.
- The Marvel Encyclopedia: Fantastic Four designated the Amalgam Universe as Earth-692. Re-numbered Earth-9602 in Alternate Universes 2005. The Essential Wonder Woman Encyclopedia designated it Earth-496 in its entry on Angelica Wallis
- 26 appearance(s) of Earth-9602
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Earth-9602
- 1 mention(s) of Earth-9602
- 499 image(s) of Earth-9602
- 234 characters that originate from Earth-9602
- 18 teams that originate from Earth-9602
- 5 organizations that originate from Earth-9602
- 3 locations that originate from Earth-9602
- 6 items that originate from Earth-9602