Ebony Maw was a member of the Black Order. He and the others members assisted Thanos in his goal to gather the six Infinity Stones with the objective to kill half the population of the universe as a means to bring balance. After Thanos obtained the Space Stone from Loki, they were sent to Earth aboard Q-Ships.
Maw and Cull Obsidian went after the Time Stone in Manhattan and confronted its guardian, Doctor Strange, as well as Wong, Iron Man and Spider-Man. Cull Obsidian was dealt with after Wong teleported him to one of the Poles, severing off his arm in the process. Ebony Maw managed to incapacitate Strange and boarded the Q-Ship to return to Titan. However, Iron Man and Spider-Man had stowed away on the ship. They interrupted Ebony Maw when he was torturing Strange for the Time Stone. Iron Man with Spider-Man's help blasted the ship's hull, pulling Maw into the vacuum of space and killing him instantly.
Powers and Abilities
- Telekinesis: Ebony Maw was able to move and otherwise manipulate objects to his will to an immense degree, by using his immediate surroundings to his advantage with great precision and minimal effort. When employing this power offensively and defensively, he could manipulate and throw projectiles, shield himself from incoming attacks and debris, as well as restraining others to the point incapacitating them.
- Levitation: Ebony Maw could use his telekinesis to levitate, occasionally using this skill as a means of transportation, even able to make himself hover upside-down, as well as being able to telekinetically take people with him while levitating himself.
- Ebony Maw's portrayal was inspired in part by Mephisto's role as Thanos' right hand in Infinity Gauntlet.
- 3 appearance(s) of Ebony Maw (Earth-199999)
- 1 mention(s) of Ebony Maw (Earth-199999)
- 9 image(s) of Ebony Maw (Earth-199999)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Ebony Maw (Earth-199999)