Lavell took over the super-powered costume and identity of the Eel from the original Eel, Leopold Stryke, who had died by then. As the new Eel, Lavell first ran afoul of Power Man and Iron Fist when he and Man-Mountain Marko unsuccessfully attempted to free the Maggia boss known as Hammerhead from police captivity while being transported to a new prison. Later, he was hired by the criminal Nightshade and assisted her in her attempt to rob the people attending a New York City society event. This time the Eel was defeated by Iron Fist and the former criminals Stiletto and Discus, whom Nightshade had tried to force to help her.
At one point, Eel was hired to become a member of the New Enforcers.
Masters of Evil
He joined the fifth Serpent Squad led by the Red Skull's daughter Sin. They attacked the Senate offices under the orders of the Red Skull, but the new Captain America defeated them all except for Sin.
Following the events of Otto Octavius' time as Spider-Man, the Kingpin's Hand faction, Shadowland's fall, Peter Parker's return, and the rise and fall of the Goblin Nation, the Eel became the leader of one of the Maggia faction and a major crime power. He was called to reunite with two of the other crime powers, Mister Negative's demon empire and the Goblin Nation remnants lead by the Goblin Knight, to divide the criminal underground between them. While going there, he was interrupted by the Black Cat and Electro. She warned him she would be crossing his path. He laughed at her threats and taunted her over her defeat at the hands of Octavius. He attacked her while asking her what she had. But she told him that as a thief, she took what she wanted. Electro attacked him and his men while Black Cat taunted him that she would take everything from him. She interrupted the meeting by crashing Eel through a window and demanding the Eel's part. However, Negative refused, saying that she only had a reputation until the Spider took it away. She replied that all of them were outed by Spider-Man but that she would be the one that defeats him.
The Eel is highly skilled in the field of electronics
- Eel Battlesuit: Eel wears a battle suit that grants him the following abilities:
- Electrostatic Energy Generation: Eel's suit possesses the ability to bodily generate electrostatic energy which he can release or harness for a number of effects. It's unknown how much electricity he can generate per minute. Eel can control the amount of electricity he discharges, anywhere from a single volt to his full 10,000,000 volt charge at once. 
- Lighting Bolt Projection: The Eel can emit a lightning-like electric arc from his fingertips, which can propagate through air or other conducting mediums. This discharge, whose total voltage can be regulated within certain limits, travels at the speed of lightning, about 150,000 feet per second. The course of the electrostatic bolt, like lightning, does not always follow a straight line since it may be influenced by conducting substances like metal or other electrical fields.
- Electrification: The Eel may electrify the outer surface of his costume with enough current to shock anyone who touches him into unconsciousness. This is direct current, so anyone grabbing him will be unable to release their grip.
- Light Aura: The Eel may generate a glowing electrical aura around his costume capable of illuminating his immediate area.
- Radar Sense: The Eel may generate an electrical field around his costume that functions like a radar sense, allowing him to automatically detect the presence of anyone within his immediate area.
- Insulation: The Eel's costume is heavily insulated in order to protect him from the electricity it generates.
- Greasy Coating: The Eel's costume exudes a grease-like substance which makes it extremely difficult for opponents to get and maintain a firm grip on him.
- 55 appearance(s) of Edward Lavell (Earth-616)
- 7 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Edward Lavell (Earth-616)
- 5 minor appearance(s) of Edward Lavell (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Edward Lavell (Earth-616)
- 3 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Edward Lavell (Earth-616)
- 12 image(s) of Edward Lavell (Earth-616)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Edward Lavell (Earth-616)