- —Elsa Bloodstone[src]
- 1 History
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Paraphernalia
- 4 Notes
- 5 Trivia
- 6 See Also
- 7 Links and References
Ulysses was a strict parent, to say the least; as a rite of passage, Bloodstone had his daughter fight the Blight Beast when she was only a baby. He also tried to remove her weakness as a child by throwing her to a horde of Great White Sharks off the coast of South Africa. For her first kill, her father made her fight a Qlippoth, but she took 10 seconds too long and got its blood all over her head. Elise wanted to shave Elsa's head to remove it, but Ulysses had ordered Elsa to let it remain there and infect her scalp as a sign of her inadequacy, so Elsa complied with her father. Elise, on thee other hand, wasn't very happy with it, and Ulysses decided it was best to remove her from the equation, which he accomplished by putting her in contact with some Monster Fiends and then claiming she was insane and had to be taken to a medical institution.
When Ulysses' age was finally catching up with him, he begged Elsa to end his life, but she refused. After he died, she settled in his former family estate, in Boston, Massachusetts and decided to start a Monster Hunting career as well, using the powers of Bloodstone Choker whenever the situation demanded.
Nextwave & The Initiative
After her exploits with Nextwave, Elsa registered to the US government by joining the Initiative,50-State Initiative, and returned to her monster-hunting ways. She hunted down the Children of Goram to Prague where she was impregnated by one of the monsters, but the Bloodgem killed the offspring while it was inside her and she puked it up. She killed all the monsters and vowed to kill all monsters before she died (also vowing to be the last of the Bloodstone line, never to have a child).
Braddock Academy & The Covenant
When a being known as the Dreaming Maiden started dreaming again, Elsa was drawn to track her down, due to her father being a member of the Covenant, a group that tried to kill the Dreaming Maiden years ago but did not succeed in doing so, due to deception by the assassin they hired, Wolverine. This led her to search out the Maiden to finish her father's work which brought her into contact with Wolverine in the present day. It also brought her into direct confrontation with Covenant members Murderous Lion, Jefferson Chambers, Wyatt Crowley, and Menace. After the Maiden had been killed, Vanessa Baker, another previous member of the Covenant, brought her and the other members together to "get back to business".
Shortly after her time with the Defenders, Deadpool and Elektra broke into Bloodstone Manor to steal Elsa's Bloodstone Choker. She caught them in the act and managed to lock both in a dungeon with the help of Living Mummy and Frankenstein's Monster, but they managed to escape and take the Bloodstone with them.
Furious the "White Stripes" had just robbed her, she tracked them down to get her belongings back, but ended up helping them defeat a Dr. Strange impersonator instead. In the end, her Bloodstone was returned to her, but W.A.N.D. director Pandora Peters thought it was best for everyone involved to forget the incident and made Elsa and the Thunderbolts remember the events of that day as a nice Shawarma lunch together.
In the wake of the World War Hate, Doctor Doom's personality was inverted, along with that of numerous heroes and villains. After having seen the errors of his ways, Doom planned to redeem himself.
After the Avengers disappeared, having being captured by the inverted and evil Avengers Unity Division, Doom tasked Valeria Richards with the mission to assemble a group of certainly available heroes, including Elsa, each having specific skills that could be utilized.
The new Avengers assembled in Doctor Doom's Castle and jumped into action when the now-evil Scarlet Witch arrived to Latveria to have revenge on Doom.
The Avengers fought the Scarlet Witch and saved villagers trapped in the crossfire. 3-D Man managed to get hold of the Witch and take her to a machine Doctor Doom had created to specifically canalize her abilities. Soon after being put into the machine, the Scarlet Witch escaped and set out to find Doom, leaving the Avengers behind. After condensing a portion of Scarlet Witch's powers into the device, Valeria informed the heroes their job was done.
After the collapse of the Multiverse, Elsa found herself on Battleworld, believing to have lived there her entire life and now being a commander of the Hel-Rangers who guarded the Shield. During an attack on the Shield by a Zombie horde, Elsa was teleported deep into the Deadlands by Azazel. There, she found a small girl with no idea who she was or how she'd gotten there. Naming the girl 'Shuttup' and saving her from a zombified Juggernaut, the pair decided to travel together, unknowingly being followed by a mysterious figure.
After numerous attacks by Zombies, the pair eventually made it to the southern tip of Battleworld, where they were confronted by the unknown figure, who was revealed to be an alternate version of Ulysses Bloodstone. Ulysses was trying to obtain all versions of the Bloodstone and all members of the Bloodstone family were inexplicably drawn to this location due to this desire. After Ulysses bit off Elsa's forearm and seized Shuttup, Elsa finally realized the little girl was a personification of her lost childhood and everything Ulysses had deprived her of. While sharing this realization, she got Ulysses distracted, allowing Shuttup to seize her gun and kill him. She then absorbed the bloodstones he'd captured and merged with Shuttup, while restoring her hand. Using the power now within her grasp, she destroyed the zombie horde and restored Ulysses back to life fully healed in hopes of giving him a second chance.
She then discovered that a kid named Kei Kawade was somehow responsible for the invasion and paid him a visit, then took him to the Inhumans to examine his abilities. When another wave of monsters arrived, Elsa and other heroes protected Kei from monsters attacking the S.H.I.E.L.D. base Triskelion off the coast of New York City.
Later, Blaylock contacted Elsa to kill the newly appointed Monster King of Staten Island and force all the monsters out of there, but she declined the job, forcing him to hire Deadpool instead. Despite her initial refusal, Elsa eventually reconsidered the offer and tried to murder the king, but Deadpool was already on scene and actually managed to kill the creature, thus becoming the new monarch, in accordance with an old Monster Law.
When King Deadpool was then attacked by Kraven the Hunter, Elsa, seeing him being overwhelmed by the hunter, shot Deadpool with a bullet that temporarily transported him to the Bone Beasts' pocket dimension, thus making Kraven flee the scene and allowing Deadpool and the other Monsters to come up with a strategy.
After Kraven's defeat, Elsa confessed to Deadpool that she believed he could make a good King and, after some initial resistance on Wade's side, Elsa even began assisting Deadpool during his reign.
After she informed Deadpool that she was infected, the duo went to Greenland, where she told Deadpool about the Bone Beasts. They battled some of the creatures invading a village, but discovered the Bone Beasts had already taken the children. They then entered a portal in the sky and arrived at the Bone Beasts' dimension, where the Bone Beast Queen awaited intending to make Deadpool her new host.
Despite feeling betrayed by Elsa, Deadpool fought to escape and save the children, but when she collapsed due to her infection, he removed the bloodstone from her hand and placed it on himself. He fought the Queen while Elsa took the children through the portal back home and, once they were all safe, he blew himself up. Worried about Wade, Elsa came back to find his detached head on the floor next to her infection-free bloodstone. After taking it back, she shot a powerful beam from her hand and defeated the Queen, who was still alive, once and for all. After this, Elsa took Deapool's head to look after him while he regenerated.
Powers and Abilities
According to Elsa, she had some of the Bloodgem power via a genetic inheritance from her father, and it was present in her blood, indicating that she didn't gain powers solely via the Bloodstone Choker, but was born with at least some of her power already. An example of this is her immunity to vampire bites. The stone grants her superhuman strength, agility and enhanced regenerative powers.
The bloodstone can also discharge potent energy blasts when called upon and, despite not being capable of controlling it initially, she has made it work on command since she got her bloodstone hand. The concussion streams she releases are powerful enough to blow away giant monsters at will.
- Elsa is a prominent martial artist.
- She had access to occult books such as the Scrolls of Chthon and the Darkhold, the Daveroth Fragments, or the Le Fay Testimonies.
- She also used magical artifacts, such as Mordred's Causeway, a teleportation portal generator.
- It has been noted by readers, and even by characters in-universe, that Elsa' flashbacks and statements greatly contradict the characters' pasts - in the case of both Elsa and Monica. In Bloodstone, it was established that Elsa had no prior training and had neither seen her father since she was a toddler, nor had she any memories of him at all.
- In Nextwave, considering the comedy aspect, these alterations were seemingly off-the-cuff, and done for effect.
- This issue was addressed in "Super Boys!" (Marvel Heartbreakers #1; February, 2010), in which Boom-Boom asks "Wait... Since when did you know your dad as a kid?", to which Elsa answers "Who are you, Uatu the Watcher?", dismissing the question.
- Revelations about Elsa's past and other family members made in Avengers Arena and Marvel Zombies (Vol. 2) also contradict her family history as it was originally established. In Bloodstone #1, which supposedly took place "several years" after Ulysses Bloodstone died, Elsa was eighteen years old, hadn't seen her father since her parents split when she was two, and Elise Bloodstone was pregnant with a child whose father was (obviously) not Ulysses. Although the Elsa who appeared on Battleworld could well have been a counterpart and not the Earth-616 version, there has been no attempt made to reconcile how Cullen Bloodstone exists on Earth-616.
- The "Primer" page in each issue of Nextwave states that Elsa's powers of strength and invulnerability were bestowed upon her by the Bloodgem she wears on a choker, although she does not appear to be wearing it in issue #8's flashbacks to her childhood training sessions.
- Elsa understands Kalaallisut.
- If consumed, her blood will cure a vampire of vampirism.
- 93 appearance(s) of Elsa Bloodstone (Earth-616)
- 4 minor appearance(s) of Elsa Bloodstone (Earth-616)
- 8 mention(s) of Elsa Bloodstone (Earth-616)
- 135 image(s) of Elsa Bloodstone (Earth-616)
- 13 quotation(s) by or about Elsa Bloodstone (Earth-616)
- 5 item(s) used/owned by Elsa Bloodstone (Earth-616)