Appearing in 1st story
- Fantastic Four
- Jo-Venn (First appearance)
- N'Kalla (First appearance)
- Brainstorm (Valeria Richards)
- Powerhouse (Franklin Richards)
- Profiteer (First appearance)
- Casino Cosmico staff
- Kree Empire (Mentioned)
- Uber (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- Captain Barnooka (First appearance)
- Torgo (Mentioned)
- Elders of the Universe (Mentioned)
- The Grandmaster (En Dwi Gast) (Mentioned)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Mentioned)
- Inhuman Royal Family (Hologram)
- The Beyonder (Mentioned)
- The Alliance
- Blue Marvel (Dr. Adam Brashear) (Mentioned)
- "Baby Yoda" (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- She-Hulk (Jen Walters) (Hologram)
Races and Species:
- Cosmic Beings
- Numerous unidentified alien species
- Argovian Fang-Bears (First appearance; impersonated by Requiem)
- Inhumans (Hologram)
- Prime Marvel Universe
- Casino Cosmico
- Colosseum (Simulates Lorkanna Six, Outpost Omega, and the Blue Area of the Moon)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Casino Cosmico
- Kree Militia Uniform
- Fantastic Four Uniforms
- The Thing's Vibranium cast
- The Masked Singer (Mentioned) (Topical Reference)
- Marvel II (Unnamed)
- Captain Barnooka's ship (First appearance)
- Alliance Warships
- Alliance Battleships
Synopsis for 1st story
At the Casino Cosmico, the Elder of the Universe called the Profiteer introduces an audience to the Kree soldier Jo-Venn and the Skrull warrior N'Kalla. They fight in the holographic arena, recreating scenarios of the Kree/Skrull War. The fight results in Jo-Venn's victory after fatally injuring N'Kalla, causing a medical stasis field to encase her. They are both taken away to restore them to health to keep fighting. Somewhere in space, the Fantastic Four, including Franklin and Valeria Richards, are stranded in an asteroid after their ship's battery was damaged. They signal a passing spaceship, and manage to get towed into Casino Cosmico to search for fuel.
The Human Torch signs up The Thing for the arena to win the prize to afford fuel. Franklin and Valeria slip away and barter their ship to gamble. While they watch another fight between Jo-Venn and N'Kalla, they discover that the Kree/Skrull War has ended. Mister Fantastic and the Invisible Woman sneak away to investigate the Profiteer's activities. As Jo-Venn and N'Kalla continue fighting, The Thing notices that they're both kids, prompting him and Johnny to breach the combat ring. Mister Fantastic confronts the Profiteer at her surveillance station to ask about the Kree/Skrull cease-fire, believing her to be behind it. She explains that she actually enabled the conflict since she is a war profiteer, and is actually using Jo-Venn and N'Kalla to keep it alive. While avoiding the Profiteer's guards, Reed notices on her monitors that Valeria and Franklin are losing at the tables. Sue intervenes, using her invisibility to rig the results in favor of her kids. In the meantime, Reed hijacks the arena's holograms to change the scenario to the Blue Area of the Moon, where the Kree Bel-Dann and the Skrull Raksor first became allies. This prompts Jo-Venn and N'Kalla to take on Bel-Dann and Raksor's roles, working together to fight The Thing and the Human Torch. Ben and Johnny throw the fight, confounding Jo-Venn and N'Kalla as they have just both won for the first time.
The Profiteer storms into the arena to take Jo-Venn and N'Kalla back to their holding pens, but her right-hand woman Werman informs her that Valeria and Franklin have broken the bank, effectively owning the casino now. The Profiteer reluctantly agrees to have everything signed back over to her in exchange for Jo-Venn and N'Kalla's freedom, as well as fuel for their ship. The Fantastic Four head back to Earth, but the two alien kids are still acting hostile toward each other. The ship's alarm blurts out as it warps right in front of the Alliance's fleet.
“The Last of the Kree/Skrull Warriors” – a pivotal issue, not just for EMPYRE, but for the future of the FF!
In the most unlikely of places, the Fantastic Four witness the final conflict of the Kree/Skrull War... and the fate of these final warriors will mark a stunning change in the lives of Marvel’s First Family for years to come.
All this, and the introduction of a long hidden Elder of the Universe... the Profiteer! Witness the first appearance of this new, major player in the cosmos!
- The cover connects with Empyre: Avengers #0 as the right side of a two-part artwork.
- One of the alien patrons at Casino Cosmico against whom Valeria and Franklin Richards play poker is modeled after the Powerpuff Girls archenemy Mojo Jojo.