The Ennead are a humanoid race of extradimensional beings that hail from Heliopolis, a small pocket-dimension adjacent to Earth. An interdimensional nexus between Heliopolis and Earth is located in Egypt. They are also known as the Egyptian Gods who have been worshiped by the humans of Ancient Egypt as early as 10,000 BC.
Powers and Abilities
The Heliopolitans all have some potential to practice magic, mostly but not limited to changing their appearances, transforming matter and wielding cosmic, elemental and paranormal energies.
- Allspeak: Thanks to the Allspeak, they can communicate and be understood by or races.
Average Strength level
The average Heliopolitan male can lift (press) about 30 tons under optimal conditions; the average Heliopolitan female can lift (press) 25 tons under optimal conditions.
Population: 125 (estimated)
Type of Government: Monarchy (ruled by a pharaoh)
Level of Technology: Magic
Cultural Traits: The Heliopolitans were worshipped as gods by the people of Egypt and regions of Northern Africa in Nubia, northern Sudan and Ethiopia. They are replacements of an earlier generation of Egyptian gods known as the Ogdoad or Hermopolitans.
Representatives: Anubis, Bast, Bes, Geb, Horus, Isis, Chons/Khonshu, Nepthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Seth, Shu, Tefnut, et al.
In Egyptian mythology, the Egyptian gods were either known as the Ogdoad (in referring to their ancestral gods) or Ennead (in refering to the main council). "Heliopolitian" is not an actual mythologigical name.
- Discuss Ennead on the forums
- 41 representatives of Ennead
- Appearances of Ennead
- Minor Appearances of Ennead
- Media Ennead was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Ennead
- Images of Ennead
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Wolverine Annual Vol 2 #1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Marvel Atlas #2; Burunda's entry
- ↑ Marvel Universe: The End #2
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Ennead
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Heliopolitans' entry