Ernesto "Ernie" Chan is a Filipino comic book artist. For a number of years, he was obliged to work under the name "Ernie Chua" as that name had been wrongfully entered on his U.S. immigration documents, but was later able to be credited under his given name.
He is particularly known for his work on the Marvel Comics version of Conan the Barbarian, although he has also worked for other publishers such as DC Comics. He studied with John Buscema, and also worked with him as the inker on Conan during the 1970s. He inked the art of John's brother Sal on The Incredible Hulk.
Later, Chan pencilled several issues of Conan and Doctor Strange, and worked on Kull the Destroyer in 1977 and Power Man in the 1980s. For DC Comics, he did the Claw the Unconquered series. Chan was also a cover artist, being the "go-to guy" for DC covers during the 1970s.
- 28 subject(s) created by "Ernesto Chan"
- 150 work(s) where "Ernesto Chan" created a cover
- 1 work(s) that "Ernesto Chan" wrote
- 74 work(s) that "Ernesto Chan" penciled
- 257 work(s) that "Ernesto Chan" inked
Images Drawn by Ernie Chan
- 129 covers drawn by "Ernesto Chan"
- 39 images penciled by "Ernesto Chan"
- 311 images inked by "Ernesto Chan"
- 1 images colored by "Ernesto Chan"
- 1 images lettered by "Ernesto Chan"