Ernesto "Ernie" Chan is a Filipino comic book artist. For a number of years, he was obliged to work under the name "Ernie Chua" as that name had been wrongfully entered on his U.S. immigration documents, but was later able to be credited under his given name.
He is particularly known for his work on the Marvel Comics version of Conan the Barbarian, although he has also worked for other publishers such as DC Comics. He studied with John Buscema, and also worked with him as the inker on Conan during the 1970s. He inked the art of John's brother Sal on The Incredible Hulk.
Later, Chan pencilled several issues of Conan and Doctor Strange, and worked on Kull the Destroyer in 1977 and Power Man in the 1980s. For DC Comics, he did the Claw the Unconquered series. Chan was also a cover artist, being the "go-to guy" for DC covers during the 1970s.
- Comics where "Ernesto Chan" created the cover
- Comics that "Ernesto Chan" penciled
- Comics that "Ernesto Chan" inked
- Subjects created by "Ernesto Chan"
Images Attributed to Ernie Chan
- Penciler images created under the name: "Ernesto Chan"
- Inker images created under the name: "Ernesto Chan"
- Cover artist images created under the name: "Ernesto Chan"
- Letterer images created under the name: "Ernesto Chan"
- No special notes
- No trivia
- No website
Links and References