Appearing in "Sins of the sons"
- Mentor (A'Lars) (Main story and recap) (Death and resurrection)
- Ikaris (Death and resurrection)
- Sprite (Death and resurrection)
- Daina (First appearance)
- Sui-San (Main story and recap) (Death and resurrection)
- Thanos (Recap)
- Ajak (Death and resurrection)
- Uranos (Mentioned)
- Oceanus (Mentioned)
- Gaian Sisters (Mentioned)
- Ora (Mentioned)
- 0-XXII (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Titan Schism
- First Host (Named only)
- Uranite Heresy (Named only)
- Ascension of Kronos (Named only)
- Final Host (Named only)
- Thanosian Terror (Named only)
Synopsis for "Sins of the sons"
- Synopsis not yet written.
• Eternals are created, not born. They have families, but their families make no new children.
• It's simply not what Eternals do.
• Some of them thought they could find a way to change that and believed it would be for the best.
• They were terribly, terribly wrong.
- Several major events receive retconned dates in this issue:
- The First Host remain firmly at 1 million years ago;
- The Uranite Heresy, which had previously been said to have taken place before 750,000 BC now happened 600,000 years ago.
- The Ascension of Kronos, which had a date of 3,000BC now happened 500,000 years ago.
- The Second Host had previously been stated to have happened in 18,000BC, with History of the Marvel Universe (Vol. 2) #1 placing it after the Ascension of Kronos, according to the dates given for both events. The current placement of the Second Host is therefore currently unknown.
- Thena and Ikaris weren't using those names yet during the Titan Schism, each receiving their name later on in life. Similarly to Eternals (Vol. 5) #3, this apparent continuity mistake can be interpreted as a translation from the Machine.
- In this story, Sprite is still a boy. He would remain a boy until being resurrected as a girl in Eternals (Vol. 5) #1, 200,000 years later.
- Oceanus who was first mentioned in Captain Marvel #29 as one of Kronos' supporters in the Uranite Heresy and never seen again is mentioned to have retired to a vigil of Deviants.
- Daina, Krono's wife, finally makes her first appearance in this issue after having been mentioned for the first time in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #7, released almost 40 years prior.
- The Gaian Sisters, first mentioned in Eternals (Vol. 5) #1, are mentioned again in this issue and their role in Eternal society starts being explored.
- Mentor mentions all the followers of Uranos had died and been resurrected when he got to Titan. For that to be true, then Astron and the Eternals who remained on Uranos must have found a way to reproduce, since the last of their kind wouldn't die till the 20th century.
- The events of Thanos (Vol. 2) #14 are slightly contradicted, since, in that issue, it is said Sui-San had never heard the name "Thanos" before seeing her baby. Moreover, she had planned to name the child Dione. In this issue, however, naming the child "Thanos" is discussed long before the baby is born.
- Mentor's death at the hands of his son happened Thanos (Vol. 2) #2.
|Like this? Let us know!|