Similar to J.A.R.V.I.S. and Friday, E.D.I.T.H. was an artificial intelligence program designed by Tony Stark. Accessed via retinal and biometric scans in personalized computer sunglasses, E.D.I.T.H. had access to Stark Industries global security network, defense satellites, backdoors to all major telecommunication networks, and all of Iron Man's protocols.
Created by Tony sometime prior to his death in the Avengers' final fight against Thanos, the E.D.I.T.H. artificial intelligence was intended for Stark's ultimate successor. The glasses were written into Stark's final will and testament and were originally supposed to be given to whomsoever he had chosen as his successor prior to his death. In this case, said successor was Stark's former mentee and protégé, Peter Parker, also known as Spider-Man. Parker, at the time when they were given to him by Nick Fury, was initially hesitant to take up his mentor's mantle as either Iron Man or "Earth's Best Defender," but accepted the glasses and the AI and learned that they could, after utilizing a biometric scan in order to affirm their wearer's identity, tap into several forms of Stark tech. Parker accidentally ordered a drone-manned airstrike on his classmate Brad before destroying the drone after realizing what had almost happened.
Parker eventually came to the conclusion, after realizing that he did not feel he was capable of carrying Stark's mantle, that Stark had given him the glasses so that Parker himself could make the judgement call as to who was truly worthy to be Stark's successor, and bequeathed E.D.I.T.H. to Quentin Beck, who, unbeknownst to Parker, then downloaded the AI into his allies' operating systems in order to seize control of thousands of weaponized holographic illusion drones and expand his deranged campaign to become the next great superhero. Mysterio and his team planned to stage a defeat of the Elementals by Mysterio while destroying a large portion of London. After learning of Mysterio's true motives, Parker ultimately managed to take the glasses back from Beck and order the drones to self-destruct.
- E.D.I.T.H. Glasses: The E.D.I.T.H. AI is contained within a pair of glasses created or modified by Tony Stark.
- Stark Tech: E.D.I.T.H. has and grants access to any and all technology manufactured by Stark Industries.
- Appearances of Even Dead, I'm The Hero (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Even Dead, I'm The Hero (Earth-199999)
- Media Even Dead, I'm The Hero (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Even Dead, I'm The Hero (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Even Dead, I'm The Hero (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Even Dead, I'm The Hero (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|