The Exclusion, located "between six artificial molecules" beneath the South Pole in Antarctica, is a key location for the Eternals. It serves two functions for the Eternals; firstly, it is where they are resurrected when they die. Secondly, the Exclusion also serves as a prison for those Eternals deemed to have erred so greatly that they themselves are considered mistakes.
Points of Interest
- Machines of Resurrection
- Wardens (Deceased)
- Ur-Luciva (Warden of the Exclusion)
- Kharon (Exclusion Security and Transport)
- Kronos (Excluded "K")
- Uranos (Excluded "U")
- Sui-San (Excluded "S")
- A'Lars (Excluded "A")
- Excluded "H"
- Excluded "E"
- Excluded "T"
- Sprite (Excluded "SP") (Formerly)
- The place in Antarctica where Eternals were resurrected was identified as "Olympia" in Eternals (Vol. 3) #4 (November, 2006). Olympia continued to be stated and shown as being in Antarctica throughout the rest of Eternals Volume Three (2006-2007) to and all of Eternals Volume Four (2008–2009). They were distinguished from each other in Eternals (Vol. 5) #1 (January 6, 2021), with the Antarctica location renamed "The Exclusion."
- When Ikaris was resurrected after the mass suicide, there were eight Eternals imprisoned within the Exclusion. Only five of the errors for which they were Excluded have been revealed.
- The first to be Excluded was "U" (Uranos), who thought that the best way to fulfill the Eternal Principles was to scour the Earth of anything but Eternals.
- The most recent was Sprite, who nearly murdered all of the Eternals when his attempt to free himself from his station of Eternal Child almost destroyed the Machine.
- Two other revealed sins were apocalyptic auto-deification and siring a creature that killed half the galaxy with a single finger click. It has been confirmed that that creature was Thanos and that his parents A'Lars and Sui-San are both Excluded.
- The specific crimes for which Uranos ("U"), Kronos ("K"), and A'lars/Mentor ("A") and Sui-San ("S") were excluded were, respectively, attempted omni-genocide, auto-deification, and unsafe lineage.
- The true identities and crimes of "E" and "H" and "T" have not yet been revealed but it is known that at least two of them (*^*&%*%) were excluded for attempting to rewrite the core identity of unspecified Eternal(s) which resulted in the *%*^% apocalypse.