The Exclusion, located "between six artificial molecules" beneath the South Pole in Antarctica, is a key location for the Eternals. It serves two functions for the Eternals; firstly, it is where they are resurrected when they die. Secondly, the Exclusion also serves as a prison for those Eternals deemed to have erred so greatly that they themselves are considered mistakes.
Points of Interest
- Wardens (Deceased)
- Kronos (Excluded "K") (Unconfirmed)
- Uranos (Excluded "U")
- Sui-San (Excluded "S")
- A'Lars (Excluded "A")
- Excluded "H"
- Excluded "E"
- Excluded "T"
- Sprite (Excluded "SP") (Formerly)
- The place in Antarctica where Eternals were resurrected was identified as "Olympia" in Eternals (Vol. 3) #4 (November, 2006). Olympia continued to be stated and shown as being in Antarctica throughout the rest of Eternals Volume Three (2006-2007) to and all of Eternals Volume Four (2008–2009). They were distinguished from each other in Eternals (Vol. 5) #1 (January 6, 2021), with the Antarctica location renamed "The Exclusion".
- When Ikaris was most recently resurrected, there were ten Eternals imprisoned within the Exclusion. Only four of the errors for which they were Excluded have been revealed.
- The first to be Excluded was "U" (Uranos), who thought that the best way to fulfill the Eternal Principles was to scour the Earth of anything but Eternals.
- The most recent was Sprite, who nearly murdered all of the Eternals when his attempt to free himself from his station of Eternal Child almost destroyed the Machine.
- The other two revealed sins were apocalyptic auto-deification and siring a creature that killed half the galaxy with a single finger click. It has been confirmed that that creature was Thanos and that his parents A'Lars and Sui-San are both Excluded.