After the Weapons Plus Project was shut down, the Facility was created as a branched-off organization with similar goals of creating genetically altered weapons and soldiers.
Under the direction of Adam Harkins this organization created Kimura; X-23 (a daughter to Wolverine after failing 22 times to clone him); created several mutant-hunting Predator X monsters; and numerous other genetically engineered weapons.
Returning from the future, X-23 was kidnapped by soldiers of H.A.M.M.E.R. who were revealed to be Facility agents, with the exception of Alisande Morales. When Kimura was torturing X, Morales helped her to escape.
X-23 used Trigger 42 on herself to make her a savage killer, and slaughtered many agents of the Facility before being extracted by X-Force. In the ensuing chaos Kimura killed Harkins because he annoyed her, and blamed X-23.
- The actual location of the installation where X-23 herself was bred was never identified. The only noticeable landmarks place the base in a mountainous, alpine region, with a further clue that Sarah Kinney was able to get X-23 from the base to San Francisco within hours of the kidnapping of her niece, Megan, without being stopped until her return, as well as again when a clone of Sarah was discovered there, thus strongly suggesting it is in fact in the Sierra Nevada.
- 11 members of Facility (Earth-616)
- 33 appearance(s) of Facility (Earth-616)
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Facility (Earth-616)
- 9 mention(s) of Facility (Earth-616)
- 1 image(s) of Facility (Earth-616)