In accordance with the naming conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to:
- Memories are only good when they're shared with people. People who understand what makes those memories special. After all... what good is there in bein' labeled an island icon if there's no one there to brag about it to? Trust me on this... I know. I'm the man they call El Morrito.
- -- The Thing
Appearing in "¡Isla De La Muerte!"
- Fantastic Four
- Government agents
- Galactus (Mentioned)
- Uatu the Watcher (Mentioned)
- Impossible Man (Mentioned)
- Willie Lumpkin (Mentioned)
- Alicia Masters (Mentioned)
- Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin) (Mentioned)
- Namor the Sub-Mariner (Mentioned)
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) (Mentioned)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Mentioned)
- Petunia Grimm (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Comecogollos (Only appearance; hologram)
- Moca Vampires (Only appearance; hologram)
- Skrulls (Mentioned)
- Fantasti-Car MK I (Cameo)
Synopsis for "¡Isla De La Muerte!"
The Thing goes to San Juan, Puerto Rico for his annual secret vacation. The rest of the Fantastic four can’t stand not knowing where Ben goes, so they track him and see that he is the local hero El Morrito, and they are having a parade for him. Ben sees the team and is upset that they followed him. Sue and Ben talk for a while and Ben wishes they would have respected his wishes for privacy on this one thing. Before she can answer, the local government comes. They ask that all members of the Fantastic Four help them to find the monster that is killing people in the rainforest. A monster they believe to be the Chupacabras.
The Four go into the rainforest and Sue tells Ben what she wanted to say earlier. She says that of all the egomaniacs that she surrounds herself with, Reed, Johnny, Namor, that Ben is the most grounded of them all and that he is her hero.
Enough with the mushy stuff because the Chupacabras attack; a lot of them. Big and strong ones and small and fast ones, they overwhelm the Four. That’s when the Mole Man shows up.
They wake-up underground and Mole Man is using a Zero-Point Energy transmitter in his staff so that they can’t stand up, and the more they struggle, the heavier they get. Sue uses her invisible force field on it, which is mental, and therefore, has no mass, so it renders the staff ineffective and the FF are able to beat-up the Chupacabras. Johnny Storm flames-on and the Mole Man yells at him, telling him about all the endangered life that he may have just destroyed by that selfish act.
Once again, the Mole Man is misunderstood, he was trying to make space on the island because the Cupacabras migrate here every ten years to breed, but humans have over populated the island. Granted, he was planning on killing a third of the population to achieve this, but his eco-cause was noble.
The FF chase Mole Man away. Reed has S.H.I.E.L.D. install early warning devices in case Mole Man tries to repeat this stunt and he also has them install environmental sensors to keep the pollution down.
- Puerto Rico...island of beauty, intrigue and, for one ever-lovin', blue-eyed visitor…a pile full of danger! Ben Grimm has been keeping a secret from his teammates for years.
- But when Reed, Sue and Johnny investigate, the mystery brings them to the tropics, face-to-face with an old nemesis and a monstrous creature known as…EL CHUPACABRAS!! All we can say is, "،،QUE EL MحO SEA MARVEL!!"
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four: Isla De La Muerte! Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Fantastic Four: Isla De La Muerte! Vol 1 1
|Like this? Let us know!|