- --it's clobberin' time! TM, copyrighted, patent pending, supplies limited, order now, offer not valid in some states.
- -- Thing
Appearing in "The Hammer Falls: Part 1"
- General William Ray
- Tony Stark (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Peter Parker (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Illuminati (Only in flashback)
- United States of America
- Doctor Doom's Armor
- Extremis Armor (Only in flashback)
- Cloak of Levitation (Only in flashback)
- Eye of Agamatto (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Hammer Falls: Part 1"
A small object was detected approaching North American airspace before crash-landing in a relatively empty stretch of Oklahoma.
Six months later, Reed Richards returns from his meeting with the Illuminati and catches a report on CNN concerning Tony Stark's testimony before Congress regarding the Superhuman Registration Act. Sue questions whether the government would really seek to force superheroes to register, but the conversation is interrupted by General William Ray, who seeks the Fantastic Four's help.
In Oklahoma, a perimeter and a research installation have been established around the fallen object, while the military attempts to repel a battalion of Doombots. The Fantastic Four soon arrive and relieve the military in the skirmish; while Sue, Grimm, and Johnny battle against the Doombots, Reed meets with the field commander and learns that the military's major radar and battlefield imagining systems have been knocked out. Moments later, a missile rains down on the installation and destroys the dome, after which Victor von Doom arrives, revealing that the object which fell to Earth six months prior was in fact Thor's hammer, Mjolnir.
- At the time of this story, Thor was seemingly slain in Thor Vol 2 #85. He eventually returns from the dead in Thor Vol 3 #1.
- The flashback scene with the Illuminati takes place in New Avengers: Illuminati #1.
- The news clip of Tony Stark talking about super-hero registration is expanded upon Amazing Spider-Man #530.
- The reason why Reed is shocked to see Doctor Doom is because the last time Reed saw Doom, in Fantastic Four #507, Doom was trapped in Hell.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 536 on the forums
- 3 Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 536
|Like this? Let us know!|