- I have seen men build... and destroy. I have seen this world, which could be a paradise, reduced to a planet of greed, and fear, and hatred! I have seen humanity with its heritage betrayed! I can stomach no more!
Appearing in "When Strikes the Silver Surfer!"
- Fantastic Four
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "When Strikes the Silver Surfer!"
The Thing visits Alicia Masters and is surprised to see the Silver Surfer already there. Thinking the worst, he quickly attacks the Surfer. The two continue their battle until Mr. Fantastic arrives to break up the fight and admonish the Thing for jumping to conclusions. Meanwhile, the Human Torch and Wyatt Wingfoot continue their search for the Inhumans in the Himalayas.
With no threats to deal with currently, Reed and Sue decide that it's time to finally take their honeymoon. While Ben tries to get in touch with Alicia. The Silver Surfer also decides to seek out Alicia. He's finished traveling the Earth and is not happy with all the greed, fear, and hatred that he has found. He hopes to seek comfort and hope from the woman that first showed him these emotions. When Ben arrives at Alicia's home, he finds that the Silver Surfer has come to visit her. Jealous and enraged, Ben attacks the Surfer and the two engage in a battle.
While in the Himalayas, Johnny and Wyatt notice that the locals are evacuating the place en mass, and decide to investigate the situation. After setting up camp they spot a giant creature in the shadows and decide to track it. While back in New York, Ben and the Surfer's battle takes them into the warehouse district of the city.
Back in the Himalayas, Johnny and Wyatt catch up with the mysterious creature, learning that it's Lockjaw of the Inhumans. Johnny is happy to have found the creature as it's teleportation ability could help them reach the Hidden Land of the Inhumans. While back in New York, the fight between Ben and the Surfer is broken up by Reed and Sue. Reed talks some sense into Ben, stating that he's mistaken the Surfer's intentions and has him apologize to the Surfer. Accepting the apology, the Surfer repairs Ben's air-cycle, and creates some flowers for Ben to give to Alicia before departing to learn more about the human race.
- The Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) was last being exiled on Earth by Galactus in Fantastic Four #50.
- While Reed and Sue mention wanting to go on their honeymoon here, they previously already went on it as revealed in Fantastic Four: The Wedding Special #1.
- This is the first time Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) was drawn wearing silver shorts or briefs. This outline was drawn on him by most artists until Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #1.
- For the first time, the Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) builds up energy from within in order to increase his powers. He does this again during the Infinity Crusade in Silver Surfer (Vol. 3) #84 to become a living bomb.
|Like this? Let us know!|