- I have seen men build... and destroy. I have seen this world, which could be a paradise, reduced to a planet of greed, and fear, and hatred! I have seen humanity with its heritage betrayed! I can stomach no more!
Appearing in "When Strikes the Silver Surfer!"
- Fantastic Four
Races and Species:
- Tranquilizer Rifle (First appearance)
Synopsis for "When Strikes the Silver Surfer!"
With no threats to deal with currently, Reed and Sue decide that it's time to finally take their honeymoon. While Ben tries to get in touch with Alicia. When Ben arrives at Alicia's home, he finds that Silver Surfer has come to visit her. Jealous and enraged, Ben attacks the Surfer and the two engage in a battle.
While in the Himalayas, Johnny and Wyatt notice that the locals are evacuating the place en mass, and decide to investigate the situation. After setting up camp they spot a giant creature in the shadows and decide to track it. While back in New York, Ben and the Surfer's battle takes them into the warehouse district of the city.
Back in the Himalayas, Johnny and Wyatt catch up with the mysterious creature, learning that it's Lockjaw of the Inhumans. Johnny is happy to have found the creature as it's teleportation ability could help them reach the Hidden Land of the Inhumans. While back in New York, the fight between Ben and the Surfer is broken up by Reed and Sue. Reed talks some sense into Ben and has him apologize to the Surfer. Accepting the apology, the Surfer repairs Ben's air-cycle, and creates some flowers for Ben to give to Alicia before departing.
- While Reed and Sue mention wanting to go on their honeymoon here, they previously already went on it as revealed in Fantastic Four: The Wedding Special #1.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 55 on the forums
- 3 Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 55
- 3 Reprints of Fantastic Four Vol 1 55
|Like this? Let us know!|