- —Sue Richards talking about the dead Watcher
Appearing in "Doom's Master: Part One"
- Fantastic Four
- 🢐 Marquis of Death (Clyde Wyncham Jr.) 🢒
- 🢐 Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom) 🢒
- 🢐 The Apprentice (Victor von Doom) 🢒
- Agent Nong (First and only known appearance)
- Dubois (First and only known appearance)
- Alex, NYTV's host (First and only known appearance)
- Another dimension Watcher (Corpse, skeleton or other remains)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Doom's Master: Part One"
The Fantastic Four have been called to the shore of Thailand where the corpse of a Watcher has washed ashore. When one of the authorities on the scene asks who could kill a Watcher, Richards tells him that he doesn't want to know. Meanwhile, in Latveria, Doctor Doom's return is celebrated by his people. His aide explains that the flowers on display are not as extravagant due to a lot of the crop dying. Doom explains that the planet is in flux in anticipation for the arrival of his master. He then allows one of the children at the celebration to ask any question they want. A little girl asks what Doom's master has taught him. Doctor Doom tells her that that master taught him everything.
Back in New York City, Debbie Green's ex-fiancee Jason is promoting a new book he wrote about her relationship, exposing all the dirt about their relationship. Suddenly the live taping is interrupted by the arrival of the Thing who is furious. He is about to pound on Jason when Debbie stops him. Before the live cameras, she tells Ben that he can't pound on her ex because he isn't a super-villain and that his behavior is scaring her and tells him to go home. As the Human Torch is making his way back from England, Reed and Sue begin an examination of the dead Watcher. He explains to Sue that this is not the Uatu they know, but a Watcher from another dimension. This leads them to worry that Doom's warnings that his master is coming was more than a bluff. However, they can't be certain if the two are related, but they can't help but wonder if this dead Watcher saw something he wasn't supposed to see.
In Latveria, Doctor Doom is waiting for his master's arrival, something that he has waited for years to happen. Suddenly there is a flash of lightning and the Marques of Death and his new Apprentice appear before Doctor Doom. Doom bows before his master and welcomes him to his dimension. The Marques tells Doom to ask him his question, but the Doctor doesn't know what he means. The Marques of Death refers to his pleasure of Doom's progress, and explains that he is not impressed. The Marques then unleashes a powerful blast that brings Doom's castle to ruins. The Marques explains that he finds that Victor is a complete failure and that it is now time for his enemies to face a brand new foe. Just like that, Doctor Doom bursts into flames.
- Doctor Doom refers to his incarceration and recent liberation. He was taken down by the Mighty Avengers in Mighty Avengers #11. He was liberated by Norman Osborn following the events of Secret Invasion as seen in Secret Invasion: Dark Reign #1 and Dark Avengers #1–4.
Links and References