- Civilized man is more secure in the belief that legends do not come true!
Appearing in "Where Treads the Living Totem!"
- Fantastic Four
- United States of America
- Pogo Plane MK I
Synopsis for "Where Treads the Living Totem!"
While Susan is still in the hospital, the FF get mail from Johnny's friend Wyatt Wingfoot who has been spending the summer back with his tribe. He asks for the FF's assistance in helping him solve the mystery of some hauntings that have been going on in the area.
Traveling to Wingfoot's tribe, the group learn that the tribes people are being terrorized by their god Tomazooma, the Living Totem. However, they soon learn that an oil company is interested in the land, are behind Tomazooma, using a robot built after the tribe's god of worship to scare them off the land.
With Reed, Johnny and Ben's help, Wyatt manages to destroy the false Tomazooma robot, and after the battle, the group is shocked to see that the real Tomazooma had come to destroy the impostor, but is now leaving seeing that they managed to destroy its fake without its help.
- Sue is absent here because she is in the advance stages of her pregnancy and has been hospitalized as seen in Fantastic Four #79. She discovered she was pregnant in Fantastic Four Annual #5 and took a leave from the team in Fantastic Four #72.
- Wyatt Wingfoot is using the Gyro-Cruiser given to him and Johnny by the Black Panther back in Fantastic Four #54.
- The real Tomazooma is identified as a member of the Manidoog pantheon of gods as stated in Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1.
- The plot carried out by the Red Star Oil Company was duplicated with even less success by the Roxxon Energy Corporation in Original Sin #0. The plan was thwarted by the Avengers.
Events happening behind the scenes in this story affect the chronology of the following characters:
- Page 1-16, Panel 1 - The Fantastic Four go to the Keewazi reservation to battle Tomazooma.
- Page 16, Panel 2-20 - The Fantastic Four destroy the Tomazooma robot.
- This issue contains a letters page, Fantastic Four Fan Page. Letters are published from John Dodd, Lamar Mauldin, Mark Cordisio, Donald McGregor, George Ferguson, S.L. Cox, Bill Lewis, Cutler Ross, Jr. and Sgt. Michael Kuhne.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 80 on the forums
- 5 Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 80
- 2 Reprints of Fantastic Four Vol 1 80
|Like this? Let us know!|