Appearing in "Doomsday!"
- Fantastic Four
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd) (Death)
- Doctor Doom (Victor von Doom)
- Black Panther (T'Challa) (Death)
- Sub-Mariner (Namor) (Death)
- Firelord (Death)
- Plasma (Death)
- Air Walker (First appearance)
- Terrax (Death)
- Mole Man (Death)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Doomsday!"
Doctor Doom arrives at the Latverian embassy in New York City where he checks on the progress of his new siphon suit, that will enable him to siphon the Power Cosmic from the heralds of Galactus, he learns that his Doombots have completed it as per his specifications. As he inspects the device he is interrupted by one of his embassy employees named Dubeck who informs him that his chrono-displacement device has also arrived and is being assembled as they speak. Doom is satisfied, and prepares to collect what he has sought all along: The Power Cosmic.
In Central Park, the Fantastic Four must face off against Terrax, Firelord and Plasma, all Heralds of Galactus. When Reed's attempt at diplomacy fails Ben and Johnny jump into the fight but are easily fought off by Firelord and Plasma. As Sue uses her invisible force-field to protect the FF And nearby bystanders from Terrax, he manages to smash open her force field but before he can strike her dead he is stopped by the Silver Surfer who has come to protect his friends, he explains that these beings saved his life preciously and are under his protection. Before things can go any further they are all called back to Galactus' side and depart leaving the Fantastic Four to try and figure out what to do next. They are soon greeted by SHIELD agents Dum Dum Dugan and the Countess who take them aboard the SHIELD helicarrier. On board they find that Nick Fury has gathered the Avengers and shows all the assembled heroes the approaching ship that has entered Earth space. They witness as Galactus prepares his terraformers and splits them off to three different locations. Reed correctly deduces that they are heading for Attilan, Monster Island, and New York City. Reed is asked to stay behind to build some kind of device to stop Galactus while the other heroes are dispatches to the various locations to stop each of his heralds from activating the terraformers. Before the heroes depart Reed proposes marriage to Sue who accepts.
The Human Torch goes to Attilan to face off against Firelord with the Inhumans. The fire wielding herald proves to be no match for the assembled super-humans and Black Bolt is forced to use his voice to destroy the terraformer. While this destroys it the resulting explosion kills everyone on site. Before the explosion takes their lives Johnny and Crystal express their love for one another.
On Monster Island, Thor, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Antman, Wasp and Namor confront Plasma. Before they can stop her they are attacked by the Mole Man and his Moloids. The Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye take care of them while the others battle, with Thor killing Plasma with e bolt of lightning. With the terraformer about to activate Namor rips it out of the ground and dives down in the ocean, letting it's awesome pressure crush the device, killing him in the process as well.
The surviving heroes all regroup at Avengers Mansion to watch as SHIELD tries their best to attack Galactus directly, however the Silver Surfer and the defenses on Galactus' platform keep them safe from harm. When Nick Fury uses the helicarrier's plasma cannon on Galactus, it has no effect however Galactus fires a cosmic eye blast back at them severely damaging the helicarrier. Nick Fury orders everyone to abandon ship including Reed Richards who has just finished his nullifier weapon. Fury, with only the Countess aboard flies the helicarrier into Galactus, causing a massive explosion that destroys the planet eaters equipment. The heroes watch as Nick Fury's sacrifice is in vein as Galactus uses raw material around him to create a new device.
Reed gathers all the remaining heroes together and gives Ben his nullifier weapon to use against Galactus. Just then Terrax smashes through the Mansion and attacks the heroes directly. As the Thing successfully keeps Terrax at bay with his nullifier, Hawkeye and Thor manage to destroy the New York based terraformer. With Terrax down momentarily, Thing attempts to absorb Galactus' power, Thor tries to give him an energy boost with his hammer but it only results in feedback that knocks Thor out and revers Thing back to his human form. When Terrax revives the Black Panther attempts to prevent him from killing the now human Ben Grimm, however Terrax commands the ground under the Black Panther to crush both T'Challa and Ben.
Just then Galactus' converter begins to activate and Terrax informs Reed and Sue that there was a fifth and yet unknown herald, the Air-Walker who planted a fourth terraformer in Antarctica, before he can attack Reed and Sue he is downed by the Silver Surfer. Before the Surfer can help them Dr. Doom arrives in his siphon suit and absorbs both his and Terrax's Power Cosmic and attempts to challenge Galactus directly. Galactus swats Doom away as though he were a mere gnat, damaging his suit. When Reed recovers Doom he suggests that they quickly combine his nullifier and Doom's siphon suit, however Doom's pride is too great and he refuses to work with anyone. This is all too late of course as Galactus activates the converter and Earth begins to be consumed. As Reed Richards curses Doom as he and Sue are being consumed Doom activates his time machine to travel back in time just as the Earth is completely destroyed.
|Fantastic Four Vol 2 #11||Fantastic Four Vol 2 #12||Avengers Vol 2 #12||Iron Man Vol 2 #12||Captain America Vol 2 #12|
- As becomes evidence in Heroes Reborn: The Return #1-4 this world is exists in a pocket universe created by Franklin Richards to save the lives of the Fantastic Four and the Avengers after they sacrificed their lives to stop Onslaught during Onslaught Marvel Universe #1. While the members of the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, and the Avengers come from Earth-616, all the other characters in this story are creations of Franklin's imagination.
- The Fantastic Four discovered a connection between Galactus and the Mole Man in Fantastic Four Vol 2 #1 and the Inhumans in Fantastic Four Vol 2 #8.
- Reed asks Sue to marry him, they don't remember that they are already married as seen in Fantastic Four Annual #3.
- Although nearly everyone is killed in this story and Counter-Earth is destroyed, because Doctor Doom goes back in time he ends up changing the past. Although not confirmed, it appears that the pocket dimension which Counter-Earth exists in operates on linear time, attempts to travel back does not create a divergent universe. However this time travel does have an ill effect on Counter-Earth as seen in Fantastic Four Vol 3 #13, Avengers Vol 3 #13, Iron Man Vol 3 #13 and Captain America Vol 3 #13 as it causes a merge between Counter-Earth and the original Wildstorm Universe.
|Like this? Let us know!|