- I can't feel them anymore, guys-- It's like I've lost a limb or something-- It's-- I-- My powers are gone.
- -- Human Torch
Appearing in "The Fall of the Fantastic Four: Part 2"
- Monsters from the Dimension F
- Avengers Unity Division (Cameo)
- Avengers (Cameo)
- Mighty Avengers (Cameo)
- Daredevil (Cameo)
- Giant-Man (Cameo)
- Mach-VII (Cameo)
- H.E.R.B.I.E. (Cameo)
Races and Species:
- Counter-Earth (Mentioned)
- Captain America's Shield (Cameo)
- Daredevil's Billy Club (Cameo)
- Ablation Armor (Cameo)
- Hawkeye's Bow and Trick Arrows (Cameo)
- Fantasti-Car MK III (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Fall of the Fantastic Four: Part 2"
A horde of insectoid monsters have emerged from Dimension F, damaging the Baxter Building and laying siege to New York City. After checking to make sure the Future Foundation children are safe, Reed and Sue learn about the damage and chaos in the streets from Johnny. Franklin tells his parents that the creatures came from his world, the one he created years earlier where he family was reborn. He tries to explain that something is wrong with it, that it's sick. Soon the Fantastic Four are flying over the city in their new Fantasti-Car. With the danger facing the entire city, the team splits up their Fantasti-Car to deal with the problem.
As the rest of the team goes out to fight these monsters, Reed tries examining them and cannot determine anything. Meanwhile, the other members of the Fantastic Four find that these creatures are nearly indestructible. Soon the Fantastic Four are joined by various Avengers teams. When the Wasp asks Mister Fantastic how they can stop this menace, Reed tells her that he needs to examine one of them. Surprisingly, the Human Torch manages to slay one of them, giving Reed the sample that he needs. Reed takes the creature back to his lab to examine and quickly comes up with a solution.
Using elements found in the Negative Zone, Reed creates a device that can produce a cytotoxin that will kill the creatures, however, it needs Johnny's flame to help administer it. Soon the Human Torch flies up into the air. Using his powers in conjunction with the device, and it works as intended. Although the creatures are slain, Johnny suddenly falls out of the sky. Recovered from the fall by Mister Fantastic, Johnny admits to them all -- to his utter horror -- that his powers are gone.
“THE FALL OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR” PART 2
• Manhattan is under attack by a monstrous killer swarm from a corrupted pocket universe, and in order to defeat it the FANTASTIC FOUR will need all their courage, powers and skill...as well as those of every other hero in New York!
• But to attain final victory one of the First Family will must make a TERRIBLE SACRIFICE!
• And so the first strings are pulled and the first pieces are put in place...
• ...On the Fantastic Four’s DOWNFALL!
- Franklin mentions that he created a pocket dimension years earlier where his parents and other heroes were "reborn". He is referring to the dimension that pawned Counter-Earth. He created this reality in Onslaught Marvel Universe #1. The heroes lived reborn lives in Fantastic Four Vol 2, Captain America Vol 2, Iron Man Vol 2 and Avengers Vol 2 until they were brought back to their proper home in Heroes Reborn: The Return #1 — 4
|Like this? Let us know!|