Appearing in "Book of the Skull"
- Baron Zemo (Helmut Zemo)
- Nazi Germany (Only in flashback)
- An unidentified Antarctican monster (Only appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Thule Security Drones (First appearance)
- Invaders (Only in flashback)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Several Atlanteans (Only appearance; corpses) (Only in flashback)
- United States Army (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Adolf Hitler (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Hell (Invoked) (Only in flashback)
- Heavens (Mentioned) (Only in flashback)
- Book of the Skull (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield (Main story and flashback)
- Hammer of Skadi (First appearance) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Atlantean Imperial Jet Craft (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Book of the Skull"
Baron Zemo and Sin are traveling through the Egyptian desert, hoping to locate her father's hidden vault. They get past all the booby traps and defenses left behind. Inside the cave, they find a book, which Sin claims details her father's greatest failure.
In a flashback to 1942, the Red Skull is attempting to perform a magical ritual involving Atlanteans. Once the ritual is complete, something falls from the sky, but not at the Skull's castle.
The next day, the Invaders discover the Atlantean corpses. Enraged, Namor finds one of the Skull's henchmen and demand to know the reason for the sacrifices.
The Skull and Baron von Strucker travel to Antarctica, followed by the Invaders, determined to have whatever fell to Earth to win World War II. The Invaders are then suddenly attacked by a demon. They defeat the demon with the Skull's unintentional help. The Invaders then leave, thinking that they foiled the Skull's plan.
Meanwhile, the Skull tells Strucker that they have the unidentified object in a box bound for the Fuhrer. It is a lie. The object they were looking for is an ancient hammer, which no one could lift.
Back in the present, the cave starts to collapse. Sin and Zemo are able to escape. However, Sin then turns on Zemo, destroying his teleportation device and stealing his hovercraft to escape. Zemo comments that Sin played the game well and just made a new enemy.
All the Red Skull's terrible secrets and plans are in the hands of his evil daughter, Sin, who's intent on outdoing her father... Now find out about the Skull's most-dangerous World War II mission, that he risked everything for...and how it's going to tear the Marvel Universe apart today. FEAR ITSELF starts here...in the darkest secrets of the past!
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fear Itself: Book of the Skull Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Fear Itself: Book of the Skull Vol 1 1
- Reviews about Fear Itself: Book of the Skull Vol 1 1
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|
Weekly Video Review
This review is of Fear Itself: Book of the Skull, and I gave it a 2/5.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 06:39, March 25, 2011 (UTC)