- My children. We must not fail. I told you all I'd reclaim you from the veil of tears, and so I have. And now you must be ready for your work. Go forth and bring my terror to this place. Spread my gospel across this tomb of a globe we remain trapped upon. Punish and terrify every single living thing you can. You must not tire and you must not fail... Show no mercy here; show no patience for these vermin. See them driven before you. Beat them and maul them and break them any way you know how. Do not stop. Make them tremble. Make them beg. Fill them with doubt and panic. And fear... Crush their capitals. Bring their leaders to their knees. Make them beg for mercy. Always fear. Our time is at hand! Go forward in war and slaughter!
- -- Serpent
Appearing in "The Worthy"
- All-Father Odin
- New Avengers
- Secret Avengers
- Warriors Three
- Kid Loki
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (First appearance as Kuurth, Breaker of Stone)
- Future Foundation
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (First appearance as Nul, Breaker of Worlds)
- Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross)
- The Worthy (First appearance)
- Absorbing Man (Carl Creel)
- Titania (Mary MacPherran) (First appearance as Skirn, Breaker of Men)
- The Serpent
- Attuma (First appearance as Nerkkod, Breaker of Oceans)
- Tiger Shark (Todd Arliss)
- Wrecking Crew
Races and Species
- Crimson Cosmos Armor
- Hammer of Kuurth
- Hammer of Mokk
- Iron Fist's Suit
- Spider-Woman's Suit
- Hawkeye's Suit and Trick Arrows
- Mockingbird's Suit
- Bleeding Edge Armor (Iron Man Armor Model 37)
- Ms. Marvel's Suit
- Spider-Man's Suit and Web-Shooters
- Wolverine's Suit
- Future Foundation Uniforms
- Hammer of Angrir
- Hammer of Nul
- Hammer of Skirn
- Hammer of Skadi
- Hammer of Nerkkod
- Wrecker's Crowbar
- Thunderball's Ball and Chain
Synopsis for "The Worthy"
At the Raft, the Juggernaut sees something fall from the sky and crash into the prison. Next to him is a hammer, which is making a noise only he can hear. He reaches out to touch it and he is transformed into Kuurth, Breaker of Stone. A prison guard next to him catches his attention and he is blown up by the hammer with one swipe, along with the entire island.
News reports from all over the world report of similar events. The Avengers respond by deploying squads to different incident zones. Reed Richards informs Commander Rogers of a hammer from deep space landing on Yancy Street and also asks him to make sure he notifies Ben that it has hit close to home.
In Brazil, Bruce Banner and his estranged wife Betty are discussing their marriage when they see something falling from the sky. In their Hulk forms, they check it out. At the crash site, They find a hammer. Bruce hears a noise coming from it and picks it up, turning him into Nul, Breaker of Worlds. With his last shred of humanity, he warns Betty to run before going on a rampage.
In South Africa, Absorbing Man tries to pull out a hammer but to no avail. Titania, hearing the sound of music and crying babies coming from it, manages to pull it out and was transformed into Skirn, Breaker of Men. Abosorbing Man asks if Titania is still in there. While she still is, she says she is not alone and that his hammer is located up north.
Meanwhile, the Serpent and Skadi have mobilized their troops. In the Pacific Ocean, Attuma has pulled out a hammer and has become Nerkkod, Breaker of Oceans. The Serpent then unleashes his army and lays waste to Washington D.C.
The Mighty Thor--imprisoned by his own father! As Odin and the Asgardians leave the Earth to fend for itself against the God of Fear, the Avengers and the world's remaining heroes battle the unstoppable tide of terror! And then-- the Serpent’s Hammer fall! Who are the Worthy? Who shall rise up and join the Serpent as living Avatars of his evil? And how can the Avengers respond to...fear itself?
- Takes place during the events of Thunderbolts #158.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fear Itself Vol 1 2 on the forums
- 16 Image(s) from Fear Itself Vol 1 2
- Reviews about Fear Itself Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|
Weekly Video Review
This review is of Fear Itself #2, and I gave it a 3/5.
— Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 14:52, May 13, 2011 (UTC)