Appearing in "Cry of the Native!"
- F.A. Schist Construction Company (First appearance)
- Native Americans
- Unnamed Chief
- Unnamed Chief's Son
- Black Eagle
- Numerous unnamed members
- Lord (Invoked)
- Dr. Warren Thompson
- Margaret Thompson
- Sgt. Willis (Mentioned)
- United States Army (Only in flashback)
- Unnamed General (Only in flashback)
- Godzilla (Referenced)
Races and Species:
- Crickets (Referenced)
- Frogs (Referenced)
- Birds (Referenced)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Snakes (Mentioned)
- Netherworld (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Cry of the Native!"
When industrialist F. A. Schist plans on tearing down part of the swamp to build a new airport, the local Native American's that live on the land try to sabotage the construction vehicles, and one of them is shot. Witnessing the spectacle, the Man-Thing brings the wounded Native to the home of a doctor who begins treating the wounded man.
In the following days, opposition and protests over Schist's plans begin to mount, however nothing seems to sway Schist from stopping his development plans. However, when the workers begin to tear up the land, it brings about the Man-Thing which tries to stop them from continuing their construction. The workers try to kill the Man-Thing, but none of their methods of attack work, and when one worker tries to kill the Man-Thing with a pick-axe, he soon becomes consumed with fear, and the Man-Thing grabs him, burning him to death. The event is enough to scare the other workers into fleeing the scene. Once the area is deserted, the Man-Thing simply returns to the swamp that is his home.
Links and References
- Adventure into Fear article at Wikipedia
- Adventure into Fear series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventure into Fear series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Man-Thing profile at Wikipedia
- Man-Thing profile at the Marvel Directory
- Man-Thing profile at Toonopedia
- Man-Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)