Appearing in 1st story
- Foolkiller (Greg Salinger) (Main story and flashback)
- Captain Gary Span (First appearance)
- Melanie (First appearance)
- Aryan Brotherhood (Main story and flashback)
- Young Red Skull (Rodney) (First and only known appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Rodney's father (First and only known appearance; dies) (Unnamed) (Only in flashback)
- Numerous unnamed others (Main story and flashback)
- Mr. Salinger (First appearance) (Shadow only) (Only in flashback)
- Bucky (James Barnes) (Mentioned)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Mentioned)
- Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) (Mentioned)
- Speed (Tommy Shepherd) (Mentioned)
- Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) (Mentioned)
- Unnamed flood victims (Only in recap)
- Man-Thing (Ted Sallis) (Only in recap)
- Foolkiller (Ross Everbest) (Only in recap)
- Foolkiller (Mike Trace) (Photo)
- Foolkiller (Kurt Gerhardt) (Only in recap)
- A neglectful mother (Death) (Only in recap)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- Punisher (Frank Castle) (Referenced)
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Referenced)
- Mercs for Money (Only in recap)
- Tony Stark (Mentioned)
- Hermann Shmidt (Only in recap)
- Nazis (Only in recap)
- Martha Shmidt (Mentioned) (Deceased)
- Rodney's mother (Mentioned)
- Captain America (Steve Rogers) (Only in recap)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Hydra (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Prime Marvel Universe (Main story and flashback)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
- Germany (Only in recap)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Earth-200111 (Photo)
- Foolkiller's Suit (Main story and flashback)
- Purification Gun (Only in recap)
- Stingray's Suit (Only in recap)
- Deadpool's Suit (Only in recap)
- Deadpool's Katanas (Only in recap)
- Cosmic Cube (Mentioned)
- Captain America's Uniform (Only in recap)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in recap)
- Flood victims' Bell 47 Helicopter (Destroyed) (Only in recap)
Synopsis for 1st story
Greg Salinger explains his past and talks about how he has improved his life. In particular he takes great pride in his new job as a psychotherapist and his man purse. In one therapy session Salinger is attempting to help Rodney, who reveals he is wearing dried blood and that his name is Young Red Skull. Hearing this Salinger theorises that Rodney is trying to become a "icon-junior thing" (which Rodney disputes) and talks over the past Foolkillers and that history of the name. He especially takes issue with Kurt Gerhardt and his actions while being going under the name Foolkiller. Salinger uses his past experience following the Foolkiller ideology to show Rodney that he is a "victim of an idea" and is able to get him to wash the blood of his face.
Salinger talks through how and why he actually became a psychotherapist, ending his career as the Foolkiller. While being sent to kill a former mafioso Salinger discovered he had S.H.I.E.L.D. protection and got thrown through a window. Having took a shard of glass out of his arm, Salinger questioned his purpose and looked back on his old Zorro style suit and his time in Deadpools Mercs for Money.After he realised he had no actual purpose Salinger willingly surrendered to the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
Flashbacking back to the present, Salinger's on the phone to Captain Gary Span who has helped him to start a new life. Salinger reports on the session and starts to believe that he's found his new passion in life. Before ending the call Salinger predicts that Rodney would actually make an excellent S.H.I.E.L.D. recruit especially due to his connections. After the call ends Captain Span walks up to a man with a bag over his head kneeling on the floor. When the hood is removed the man on the floor decrees that Span operation would be shut down and that he's a traitor. Span promptly executes him and orders one of the two guards nearby to have it cleaned up.
Lying on her bed Melanie Hawkins (Salingers partner) attempts to entice Salinger out of the bathroom. After much persuasion Salinger comes out of the bathroom wearing one of his old suits, starting to kiss Hawkins.
At their next session Salinger uses a "tiny cosmic cube replica" to hypnotise Rodney, so they can better understand why Rodney resonates with Johann Schmidt. Salinger explains multiple similarities such as both having a poor relationship with their parents and both wanting to become a larger icon than the man they looked up to.While explaining how Rodney was effected by his fathers beatings, Rodney reveals that he wasn't actually abused. Salinger realises that he managed to hypnotised himself and tries to play it off.
Later that night Salinger is out with Melanie at a Chinese restaurant. However while they're eating Salinger receives an emergency call from Rodney and leaves to meet him, bringing his man purse with him. After reaching the loading dock where Rodney is Salinger discovers that Rodney killed a group of men who tried to get him to do a job for them. Rodney breaks down and begs Salinger to tell S.H.I.E.L.D. that it wasn't his fault. After promising he will Salinger breaks Rodneys neck and lies his dead body down. While trying to comprehend what he did another group of men looking for Rodney approach and discover the group of dead men. Salinger enters into the van with his bag and gives into his desire to kill more fools. Taking his equipment out of his bag Salinger changes into his Foolkiller armour and prepares to attack the gang of men.
Greg Salinger was just your typical merc for hire – FOOLKILLER – killing those that he deemed to be "foolish." And for money. But that life is behind him now. Today, he's a psychiatrist, trying to help others. But now S.H.I.E.L.D. wants him to try to rehabilitate super villains. The catch? If these "patients" don't make enough progress, they're dead!