Appearing in A Cold and Lasting Tomb
- Vincent Frankenstein (Only in flashback)
- Victor Frankenstein (Mentioned)
- Betty the maid (Only in flashback)
- Lenore Frankenstein (Only in flashback)
- Basil Frankenstein (Only in flashback)
- Neil Armstrong
- Adolf Hitler
- Derek McDowall, M.D.
- Dr. Owen Wallach
- University professor
Races and Species:
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Apollo 11
- Oil tanker
Synopsis for A Cold and Lasting Tomb
The Frankenstein Monster lumbers away from Castle Frankenstein and wanders through the forest. He encounters a pack of hungry wolves that attack him, pushing him over the side of an icy cliff. The monster falls unconscious and enters into a state of hibernation.
After nearly a century of slumber, the monster revives.
Appearing in Why Won't They Believe Me?
- Zankor (First appearance)
- Prof. Crater's Secretary
Races and Species:
- Spaceship's Log Book
- Crashed Spaceship
Synopsis for Why Won't They Believe Me?A man comes upon a crashed alien spaceship and discovers a log book detailing plans for the alien spy to shapeshift into a human form upon landing. He panics and attempts to notify the police and army, but they scoff and tell him to go to the space agency, which he does. He shows the professor the log book and the professor pulls a gun on him. The man thinks it couldn't be possible that of all the millions on Earth he went straight to the alien spy in disguise. The professor denies he is the alien and holds out the log book which is written in a non-human language. "Only the alien could have read the contents of this book," he says. "You hit your head in the crash landing and temporarily forgot your identity."
- Colletta is credited as Vinnie Colletta.
- "A Cold and Lasting Tomb" is reprinted in the Essential Monster of Frankenstein trade paperback.
- This is the final Frankenstein story to take place in the 19th century. The Frankenstein Monster chronologically appears next in Avengers (Volume 1) #131 prior to his revival at the end of this story.
- Frankenstein's Monster image gallery
- Frankenstein's Monster chronology page
- Frankenstein's Monster quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Frankenstein Vol 1 12 on the forums
- Images from Frankenstein Vol 1 12
- Bloodstone #1-4
- Book of the Dead #1-4
- Legion of Monsters #1
- Marvel Classics Comics #20
- Monster of Frankenstein #1-18
- Monsters Unleashed #1-11
Links and References
- Frankenstein article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein (Universal movie) article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus; Mary Shelley, 1818
- Frankenstein's Monster article at Wikipedia
- Monster of Frankenstein series index at the Grand Comics Database
|Like this? Let us know!|