Appearing in "A Phoenix Berserk!"
- Swiss Alps
- Veronica von Frankenstein's chalet
Synopsis for "A Phoenix Berserk!"
Dissatisfied with his friends' inability to help him learn about his true identity, the Monster wanders off into the mountains, soon pursued by the Berserker android, repaired by I.C.O.N.'s mole in the chalet. The two monsters fight until Frankenstein's manages to tear off Berserker's arm and asks why his opponent doesn't seem to feel any pain. The question leads Berserker to question its own identity, accessing some suppressed piece of humanity that was part of its design. The two stop fighting and walk off as allies.
- Simek is credited as Arty Simek.
- This issue is reprinted in the Essential Monster of Frankenstein trade paperback.
- The "Captain America" mentioned in this issue is not related to Steven Rogers - but to the homonymous character played by Dennis Hopper in the film Easy Rider.
- Frankenstein's Monster image gallery
- Frankenstein's Monster chronology page
- Frankenstein's Monster quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Frankenstein Vol 1 17 on the forums
- 3 Image(s) from Frankenstein Vol 1 17
- 1 Reprints of Frankenstein Vol 1 17
- Bloodstone #1-4
- Book of the Dead #1-4
- Legion of Monsters #1
- Marvel Classics Comics #20
- Monster of Frankenstein #1-18
- Monsters Unleashed #1-11
Links and References
- Frankenstein article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein (Universal movie) article at Wikipedia
- Frankenstein or the Modern Prometheus; Mary Shelley, 1818
- Frankenstein's Monster article at Wikipedia
- Monster of Frankenstein series index at the Grand Comics Database
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|