Little is known about the early life of the Blob, save that his name is Frank and he once worked at a carnival. Many years ago, the Blob had an affair with one of the carnival's patrons - an affair that produced a female child. The mother of the child wanted nothing to do with the Blob, so she moved to Forest Hills in the borough of Queens and raised her daughter Liz Allan in anonymity. The Blob made an effort to visit Miss Allan and his daughter, but Liz grew up believing that the strange man who occasionally came to the house was her "Uncle Frank".
Some time later, the Blob encountered Erik Lehnsherr who invited him to become part of his mutant community in the Savage Land. The Blob wanted Erik to bring his daughter to the Savage Land, but Lehnsherr was bothered by the fact that the Blob produced a mutant child with a human. After Lehnsherr abandoned his human name in favor of the mutant name Magneto, he invited the Blob to become a member of his Brotherhood of Mutant Supremacy. He was instrumental in an ambitious plot wrought by the Brotherhood, which involved the kidnapping of the daughter of the President of the United States. He appeared alongside Multiple Man, Mastermind, and Toad when they gate-crashed the Academy of Tomorrow's Homecoming dance.
- Gravitikinesis: The Blob can generate a field of gravity around his physical person, which makes him virtually immovable. The limits of this ability are unknown, but a significant amount of pressure has proven to actually knock the Blob off his feet.
- Superhuman Durability: Blob's gravitikinetic abilities and fat body make him far more durable than any common human, he can survive energy blasts and blows from the likes of the Colossus without any serious damage.
- Superhuman Strength: Blob is strong enough to break concrete with his blows.
- 20 appearance(s) of Franklin Dukes (Earth-1610)
- 5 minor appearance(s) of Franklin Dukes (Earth-1610)
- 1 mention(s) of Franklin Dukes (Earth-1610)
- 13 image(s) of Franklin Dukes (Earth-1610)
- 1 quotation(s) by or about Franklin Dukes (Earth-1610)