Fred was a young comic book enthusiast, with an eccentric personality and a slightly overbearing, yet lovable personality. He was the son of a wealthy couple in the city of San Fransokyo, though he rarely spent quality time with either of them, as they were often away on the family-owned private isles, and usually found himself under the care of his loyal butler, Heathcliff. Nevertheless, the family fortune, as well as the family mansion, were left in Fred's care during their absence, and the young man spent such privileges satisfying his unhealthy obsession with comic book lore, Japanese giant monsters, and other nerdy hobbies.
Aside from this, Fred was also a regular attendant at the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology, where he worked as the school's mascot, as well as entertained his passion for science (which seems to actually be more of a fanboyish love for science-fiction). At the school, he spent most of his time with his closest friends, Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Go Go Tomago, and Tadashi Hamada, and was noted to be the creator of their nicknames, basing them off their dominate personality traits (Though Wasabi was given his namesake after spilling the food of the same name onto his shirt on one occasion), as well as explaining why he was the only member of their group with an average name, Tadashi aside.
He soon discovered that his super hero heritage all came from his father's bloodline, who was formerly a superhero before his retirement.
Unlike his Earth-616 counterpart, Fred does not actually have any superpowers.
He is a master at sign spinning.
- Fredzilla Suit: Fred wears a costume with a design similar to a Japanese movie monster or Kaiju, that simulates various super powers, such as: Fire Breath, Super Strength, Super Jumping, etc. The suit is based on the fact that, as the school mascot, he always wears such suits, and his stated desire to become a firebreathing monster.
- Fred is voiced by T.J. Miller in the Disney Animation film Big Hero 6, and by Brooks Whelan in Big Hero 6: The Series.
- Some promotional material for the film names Fred's costume identity as "Fredzilla", but he was never named as such in the film.
- According to his recommendation letter, Fred was recommended by R. Richards to T. Dugan, the alternate identities of Marvel's Mr. Fantastic and Dum Dum Dugan respectively.
- In the letter, Fred's surname had the initial L, but in "Baymax Returns", when he and Hiro go visit Yama, he reveals that his surname is Frederickson. 
- In earlier drafts of the film, his original abilities were going to be carried over through the concept of turning the aura ability into Fred being able to use hard-light monster holograms for combat until the monster suit idea was settled on.
- In Fan Friction, he takes on the codename "Flame Jumper" after being named as such in Karmi's fanfiction.
- 4 Appearances of Frederick Frederickson IV (Earth-14123)
- Minor Appearances of Frederick Frederickson IV (Earth-14123)
- Media Frederick Frederickson IV (Earth-14123) was Mentioned in
- 9 Images featuring Frederick Frederickson IV (Earth-14123)
- Quotations by or about Frederick Frederickson IV (Earth-14123)
- Character Gallery: Frederick Frederickson IV (Earth-14123)
- Fred on the Disney Wiki
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|