Appearing in "Moonlighting"
- Hydra (Mentioned)
- S.H.I.E.L.D. (Mentioned)
- Savage Six (Mentioned)
- Lord (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Silver Sable (Silvija Sablinova) (Mentioned)
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) (Mentioned)
- Fantastic Four (Mentioned)
- Danny Rand (Mentioned)
- Beetle (Janice Lincoln) (Mentioned)
- Tony Stark (Mentioned)
- Boomerang (Fred Myers) (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Secret Invasion (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Moonlighting"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in 2nd story
- Venom (Eddie Brock) (Main story and recap)
- Venom Symbiote (Main story and recap)
- Virus (Mac Gargan) (First chronological appearance as Virus)
- Symbiote Hive (Recap)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Hulk (Bruce Banner) (Mentioned)
- One Below All (Referenced)
- Dylan Brock (Mentioned)
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) (Referenced)
Races and Species:
- Symbiotes (Main story and recap)
- Humans (Main story and recap)
- Celestials (Corpse)
- Human-Kree Hybrids
- Gamma Mutates
- Elder Gods (Mentioned)
- Earth (Main story and recap)
- Deep Space (Recap)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Panther Habit
- Iron Man Armor Model 29
- Captain America's Uniform and Shield
- Captain Marvel's Suit
- Virus Armor (First full appearance chronologically)
- Pumpkin Bomb
- Bat Signal (Mentioned)
- Knull's Armor (Recap)
Synopsis for 2nd story
Speaking to the Avengers, Eddie Brock tells them about his and the Venom symbiote's encounter with the symbiote dragon called Grendel and the elder god of darkness, Knull - who predated the creation of the universe and had created the symbiotes from the living abyss of his primordial kingdom. Telling them that Knull had been betrayed and imprisoned by his creations billions of years ago, Eddie confesses that Knull is now free and that it's all his fault: Dark Carnage - who had sought to free Knull from his interstellar prison - had forced him to choose between saving the Earth at the cost of his son's life or saving his son at the cost of freeing Knull, and Eddie had picked the latter. As Eddie concludes by saying that Knull is coming to destroy all existence and that he doesn't know how to stop him, the Avengers uniformly react with dismay and outrage. Hulk complains that things were already bad enough with her cousin being involved with an all-destroying eldritch god of his own; and Iron Man launches into a furious tirade berating Eddie for not coming to them the moment he encountered the avatar of an entity capable of one-shotting Celestials. When Captain America interrupts to say they need to use what little time they have left to prepare instead of pointing fingers, Iron Man snaps that they don't know how much time they have left until Knull arrives; sneering at Eddie saying the Venom symbiote would sense Knull's presence were he close enough to pose an immediate threat. Captain America tells Eddie to go home and get some rest so they can plan things out, assuring him that everything will work out; but once Eddie leaves he admits to the still-angry Tony that despite his earlier calm bravado he's just as uncertain and terrified as the rest of the team.
In Manhattan, Eddie dejectedly walks down the street using the Venom symbiote as an umbrella; berating himself for even thinking that he deserved to be in the same room as the Avengers - let alone a member of the team - and that he deserves to be locked up for dooming not just the Earth but all life in the universe. The Venom symbiote attempts to interrupt Eddie's self-loathing inner monologue, but Eddie ignores it; remarking that Iron Man looked ready to kill him and probably should have. Manifesting a head, the Venom symbiote speaks directly to Eddie, urgently telling him that there's an enemy behind him. Before Eddie can react he's blasted in the back by a beam of energy, the Venom symbiote informing him that three of his ribs are broken. As the symbiote heals him, Eddie looks up to see a figure clad in Stark-tech armor and mistakes him for Iron Man. As the symbiote sprouts arachnoid legs and roars, the armored figure responds that he's not Iron Man before introducing himself as Virus and declaring his intent to kill Venom for ruining his life. Virus - clad in a jury-rigged suit of War Machine Armor painted black-and-gold to resemble Venom - uses sonic emitters to separate the Venom symbiote from Eddie before flying fists-first into Eddie's chest, completely destroying his ribcage and shredding his lungs. The Venom symbiote quickly rebonds to Eddie and begins repairing the damage, angrily rebuking Eddie's attempts to tell it that they have to run. As Virus snaps that Venom took everything from him, the Venom symbiote takes over Eddie and snares Virus in a thick mass of tendrils. Retorting that it doesn't care who Virus is, the Venom symbiote snarls that he should consider it letting him live as an apology for whatever it was that it and Eddie took from him. Declaring that they have more important things to worry about, Venom bites through the power cable supplying energy to Virus' shoulder-mounted energy cannon and tosses him aside contemptuously, the symbiote telling him to leave before it changes its mind. Virus blasts Venom with the sonic emitter, revealing he knows about Dylan, and then drops a gas grenade pumpkin bomb to create a smokescreen.
Watching Virus escape on a Goblin Glider, the Venom symbiote questions if he might be Norman Osborn, but Eddie states that the Green Goblin wouldn't go to such lengths to conceal his identity. As Venom picks up the pumpkin bomb - which has been repainted to look like Virus' helmet - the symbiote irritably wonders who Virus could be, noting that his armor had been specced specifically to kill symbiotes. Looking down at the pumpkin bomb in his hand, Eddie uncertainly replies that he has no idea.
Marvel's Silver-level FCBD title provides two exciting tales connected to the coming major storylines in Venom, Amazing Spider-Man and Black Cat from top creators Donny Cates, Ryan Stegman, Jed MacKay, Patrick Gleason and more!
- Following the cancellation of Free Comic Book Day 2020, which would have fallen on May 2, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this issue and Free Comic Book Day (Vol. 2020) #(X-Men/Dark Ages) were re-solicited for July as part of Marvel Comics' publishing program "Back in Action."
- Eddie Brock says that Knull was betrayed by the symbiotes and imprisoned in Klyntar billions of years ago, but Venom (Vol. 4) #4 establishes that this happened in the 6th century.
- 3 Image(s) from Free Comic Book Day Vol 2020 Spider-Man/Venom
- 1 Reprints of Free Comic Book Day Vol 2020 Spider-Man/Venom
- Marvel & Comic Book Retailers to Provide Free X-Men and Spider-Man/Venom Comic Books in Comic Shops This July. Marvel (8 June 2020). Retrieved on 8 June 2020.
|Like this? Let us know!|