The French Empire was a worldwide system of dependencies under the sovereignty of the crown of France. It began in France followed by the conquest over the rest of the Europe. The empire's capital was in Paris. At its height in the late 19th and early 20th centuries it was one of the largest empire in history. Trade ties with nations outside of its sovereignty reinforced its global dominance.
The French Empire constituted the overseas colonies, protectorates and mandate territories that came under French rule from the 16th century onward.
In the early 1700's, the French sorcerer Mauvais arrived in Canada in search of the Wendigo to gain its powers. He was stopped by the combined efforts of the Gods of the North and the Sorcerer Supreme of the day. He was locked immobile. As Canada was French territory at the time, he was imprisoned in a renowned French prison known as the La prison de la Morte.
First Empire (1804–1814)
The First Colonial Empire was formed by Napoléon Bonaparte. He led his country in the conquest of much of Europe, including Belgium, only a few years after their independence in 1789 (who had been inspired by the French Revolution).
Napoleon and more than one hundred of his soldiers suddenly were taken from their time and transported to Dodge City in 1871. Eventually, the heroes managed to solve the time-crisis. Napoleon and all of his men returned home.
The first empire lasted until 1814.
Second Empire (1830-1962)
Sin-Cong was founded as a French protectorate in the 1850's and remained under French supervision for decades. Government officials such as Armand Duquesne abused their social standing to torment the Sin-Congese.
During World War II, the French Foreign Legion were operating in Algeria with Soldier of Fortune Captain Robert Strong. During his tenure with the Legion he helped investigate the robberies of supply caravans, putting a stop to Ali Hassan and his army of thieves.
End of the Empire (1946–1962)
After that they had a relatively peaceful decolonizations elsewhere after 1960.
- 1 Appearances of French Empire
- Minor Appearances of French Empire
- Media French Empire was Mentioned in
- Images that include French Empire
- Organization Gallery: French Empire
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Marvel Atlas #2; Canada's entry
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 2 #164
- ↑ Amazing High Adventure #3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Marvel Atlas #1; France's entry
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #1; Belgium's entry
- ↑ The Weird, Weird West
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Marvel Atlas #1; Algeria's entry
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Marvel Atlas #1; Cambodia's entry
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #1; Vietnam's entry
- ↑ Marvel Atlas #1; Sin-Cong's entry
- ↑ Daring Mystery Comics #3
- ↑ Young Allies Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1