Apparentally German by birth, Friedrich Von Roehm operated a jewelry shop on New York City's Park Avenue. Von Roehm was also secretly a lycanthrope and a high priest of the supernatural being and self-described goddess Selene. Von Roehm, who had worshipped Selene as a goddess, became her personal servant when she showed up in his jewelry shop.
As a member of the Hellfire Club, Von Roehm sponsored Selene for membership. Selene became the new Black Queen, and Von Roehm served as the Black Rook. Alongside the Hellfire Club, Leland later battled the X-Men in New York's Central Park. Selene used powers to mentally trigger Von Roehm's hereditary lycanthropy and sent him in pursuit of Rachel Summers. When Nimrod intervened to attack the X-Men and the Club, Storm proposed an alliance to battle Nimrod. Von Roehm rejected this proposal and attacked the X-Men. He was then
Von Roehm possessed a power likened to lycanthropy. Von Roehm did not undergo the typical change in appearance associated with werewolves. However, he acquired superhuman strength, enhanced senses, claws, and barely controllable bloodlust during his transformation. His powers were genetically based, but required mental triggering by Selene. Aside from his personal to devotion to Selene, Von Roehm was apparently mentally compelled to obey Selene while in his superhuman state.
- 9 Appearances of Friedrich von Roehm (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Friedrich von Roehm (Earth-616)
- Media Friedrich von Roehm (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Friedrich von Roehm (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Friedrich von Roehm (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Friedrich von Roehm (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Marvel Encyclopedia Volume 2: X-Men
|Like this? Let us know!|