Galactus is a cosmic entity cloud, born with the universe itself. He preserves the balance of life by eating planets, just as a lion does it by eating antilopes. He sends his herald, Silver Surfer, who entered his service in order to prevent him from destroying his planet, along the galaxies to search for a suitable planet. When the Surfer finds the Earth, Galactus is called by his servant and he travels the whole universe to reach him. When he arrives, anyway, Silver Surfer has learned the value of life and confronts him: in space, Radd faces his former master and releases all at once the Cosmic Power Galactus gave him, thus seemingly destroying him.
- Galactus appears in the 2007 film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, the story of which was based upon the character's debut and his Ultimate incarnation. The official novelization of the film names the character as "the Gah Lak Tus".
- 20th Century Fox's rationale for having the character as a cloud was to keep him discreet. Visual effects studio Weta Digital convinced Fox to add physical hints of the comic book incarnation, such as a shadow and the fiery mass within the cloud resembling Galactus' signature helmet. Director Tim Story claimed he made Galactus a cloud so that the future Silver Surfer spin-off film would have a chance to be unique and introduce the character as he normally appears. J. Michael Straczynski, the spin-off's writer, confirmed Galactus is in his script and that "You don't want to sort of blow out something that big and massive for one quick shot in the first movie."
- 2 Appearances of Galactus (Earth-121698)
- Minor Appearances of Galactus (Earth-121698)
- Media Galactus (Earth-121698) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Galactus (Earth-121698)
- Quotations by or about Galactus (Earth-121698)
- Character Gallery: Galactus (Earth-121698)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|