Appearing in "Tombstone Blues"
- Fence (Apparent death)
- Joelle's daughter (Death)
Synopsis for "Tombstone Blues"
Gambit and Rogue fly their hijacked helicopter back to NYC following the stolen Quinjet. At a nearby hospital, where Gambit is convinced they will find Joelle and her daughter, Tombstone suddenly is thrown out of a window and crashes to the street below, still holding the serum. Gambit leaps out to apprehend him as he gets into a car and drives away. Rogue lands the helicopter where Joelle says she will take over and go kill Tombstone.
Tombstone grabs Gambit by the throat and hurls the car off an overpass. They both survive the crash and Tombstone says he has one more game; they will open the canister together to see whether it is in fact a life saving cure or a doomsday weapon.
Rogue doesn’t believe in Joelle’s innocence and refuses to let her have the chopper so they fight. But Joelle, thinking that by now her daughter is dead, says all she wants to do is go after Tombstone, so they go together.
Gambit kicks the canister out of Tombstone’s hands; it lands in the grass where it spills a highly destructive, disintegrative black goo. Tombstone is highly pleased, saying it can kill the unkillable and all the superheroes who keep ruining his business.
Joelle and Rogue arrive in the chopper; Joelle tilts it downward so that its blades collide directly into Tombstone, knocking him into the goo. Joelle reveals that she is unkillable ever since an unidentified person visited her long ago. At first she was happy but over time her daughter grew old and now has died, so that Joelle only wants to die now too. Upending the canister, she pours the last drops on herself, and as she disintegrates, she asks Remy to pray she finds peace, and she will do the same for him.
Later, after a chat with Rogue, Gambit remembers Fence. He rushes to Fence’s shop, which has been ransacked, and Fence himself apparently destroyed.
- Desperate to learn the lady thief’s secret, Gambit joins Joelle on a heist that may even be too much for him to handle…especially when the villainous Tombstone gets involved!
- And when Gambit’s in over his head, who will answer his call for help? Here’s a hint: She’s the feisty, green-clad, roguish Uncanny Avenger featured on the cover! And she may just have an opinion of her own on Gambit’s extracurricular activities…
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Gambit Vol 5 12 on the forums
- 2 Images from Gambit Vol 5 12
|Like this? Let us know!|