Professor Gamma was a criminal scientist wanted for crimes for against the world. The Fantastic Four entered Gamma's base on Island X in an attempt to apprehend him, but he had already fled after being mutated into a amphibious creature from radiation that was released from one of his nuclear warheads. After a fight with the Human Torch, Gamma (now going by the name Gamma Ray) mutated a whale into the creature Giganto and sent it at New York City. Fortunately, the Fantastic Four were able to stop Gamma Ray and Giganto and save New York City.
Radiation from a nuclear weapon mutated Professor Gamma into a fish-like creatures, allowing him to breathe and maneuver while underwater.
Gamma is a brilliant scientist, capable of transforming a whale into a monster.
Formerly a stockpile of nuclear weapons
- Gamma Ray is of course meant to be a stand-in for Prince Namor, the Sub-Mariner. Due to the Grantray-Lawrence studio (who animated the 1966 Sub-Mariner animated show) still owning the rights to the character, Gamma Ray was crated as a replacement for Namor in an adaptation of the main plotline from Fantastic Four #4.
- 1 Appearances of Gamma (Earth-700089)
- Minor Appearances of Gamma (Earth-700089)
- Media Gamma (Earth-700089) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Gamma (Earth-700089)
- Quotations by or about Gamma (Earth-700089)
- Character Gallery: Gamma (Earth-700089)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|