Began working in the comic industry in 1939 and continued until 1995.
- 111 comic(s) where "George Roussos" created the cover
- 43 comic(s) that "George Roussos" penciled
- 101 comic(s) that "George Roussos" inked
- 1040 comic(s) that "George Roussos" colored
- 13 comic(s) that "Sam Kato" colored
Images Drawn by George Roussos
- 37 covers drawn by "George Roussos"
- 2 images penciled by "George Roussos"
- 121 images inked by "George Roussos"
- 1397 images colored by "George Roussos"
- 11 images colored by "Sam Kato"
- Roussos was a long standing fixture of the Marvel Bullpen. He inked early issues of Fantastic Four and Sgt Fury and his Howling Commandos with Jack Kirby as well as inking the classic Avengers #4 with Kirby (Captain America's first silver age appearance). Roussos did other inking work but was also a noted colourist. His last work (?) was on Captain America #443 (1995) as he was approaching his 80th birthday. Roussos died on Febraury 19, 2000.
- When he was not working at Marvel. George Roussos sometimes worked as a New York City taxi driver.
- Roussos was uncredited for many of his coloring jobs at Marvel Comics.
Links and References
- "The Art and Life of George Roussos" by Dylan Williams
- The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators
- The Grand Comic-Book Database
- The Jack Kirby Museum search page
- Don Markstein's Toonopedia
- Classic Comic Books
- The Comic Strip Project: Credits
- POV Online: Why did some artists working for Marvel in the sixties use phony names?