During an invasion of rogue Skrulls on an alien hospital in the core of a black hole, his mother went into labor as she was protecting the other hospital patients. While barricaded inside a delivery room without medication, Jessica gave birth to her son Gerald. Upon saying hello and seeing to his immediate well-being, she got off the table, killed every insurgent Skrull before her, and passed out from the pain as Carol Danvers arrived a moment after the carnage ended. A few days later, Jessica moved back to her apartment with Gerry, who immediately drove her mad with his crying and sleeplessness. After Jessica's friends took her on a night out to decompress, babysitter Roger Gocking's attention helped relax him.
After Jessica and Roger's confrontation with Hobgoblin, Gerry's powers manifested as she crawled out of the apartment to the Avengers' roof party, demonstrating his capabilities. As Jess was in San Francisco for work, Gerry trashed the apartment before Kaine arrived requesting Jessica's aid. As Gerry played with Roger, he saw Jess leave for his sake and was happy at Jess' return.
After Jess returned from a mission with Strike force, Gerry had devastated the apartment by her return and dirtied his way threw every diaper in their possession. After Jess took a job for a client, later revealed to be his uncle Michael, Roger too Gerry to a farm upstate after Jessica's radiation immunity went away, posing a risk to both their safeties. In a video call with Roger, he voiced missing his mom as she continued her quest to cure her condition.
As a toddler, Gerry is energized and enthusiastic, also unaware of his destructive potential as a superhuman baby. His playfulness coupled with his already active Spider powers make him a drain on his mother's mental health, but becomes obedient and calm as Roger babysits him.
Spider Physiology: Gerry has inherited several spider-like superhuman powers and abilities from his mother, Jessica Drew. So far, his powers include:
- Wall Crawling: Gerry was immediately able to find himself on the ceiling upon getting his powers, his wall crawling strong enough to enable him to crawl around on his walls, the outside of his apartment building, and straight up a pole outside.
- Superhuman Strength: Gerry showed enough strength to shove himself out of Carol Danver's grip, bruise Black Widow with a kick to the face, effortlessly support his own body weight, and tear up a room as a young toddler.
- Superhuman Speed: Gerry is apparently fast and slippery enough to bounce around a room faster than Roger was able to move, making him impossible to catch.
- Superhuman Durability: Gerry has shown to be durable enough to handle dropping from a height of over a dozen feet into a bowl of chips without sustaining injury.
- Superhuman Agility: Gerry, as a toddler, upon getting his powers, was agile enough to stand up and bounce around Jessica's living room and evade Roger with ease.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Gerry's natural reaction time and reflexes are enhanced to levels beyond the human body's natural limits.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Gerry possesses a regenerative healing factor that enables him to rapidly heal himself at an accelerated rate.
- Pheromone Secretion: Like his mother, Gerry's metabolism generates certain types of pheromones that can create fear, elicit attraction and/or repulsion on others. But due to his age, He has very little control over this ability.
- Venom Blasts: Gerry's body apparently possesses an inordinate amount of bio-electricity that he can instinctively channel and discharge through his hands, just like his mother can. So far, they are only strong enough to destroy objects and mildly electrocute people.
Superhuman for someone his age, at least enough to injure a peak human like Black Widow.
Due to his age, he has very little to no control over his superhuman powers.
- 23 Appearances of Gerald Drew (Earth-616)
- 6 Minor Appearances of Gerald Drew (Earth-616)
- Media Gerald Drew (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 16 Images featuring Gerald Drew (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Gerald Drew (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Gerald Drew (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|