Appearing in "A Woman Possessed!"
- Daimon Hellstrom (First appearance)
- Spirit of Vengeance (Zarathos) (Behind the scenes in main story and flashback)
- Unnamed doctor (Last appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Unidentified Police Department (Only appearance)
- Snake Dance
- Sam Silvercloud (See chronology)
- Witch-Woman (Linda Littletrees) (Possessed by Satan) (See chronology) (Main story and recap)
- Victoria Hellstrom (First appearance; photo) (Mentioned as deceased)
- Satan (Hellstrom's Father) (Referenced)
- God (Yahweh) (Invoked)
- Miss Ames (a nurse) (Only appearance)
- Howard Gifford (Voice) (a reporter)
- Evel Knievel (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Human-Demon Hybrids (First appearance)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Demons (Main story and behind the scenes in flashback)
- Snakes (Recap)
- Ducks (Referenced)
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- Hell (Mentioned)
- Hell Cycle (Main story and recap)
Synopsis for "A Woman Possessed!"
As Daimon Hellstrom visits his mother's grave, John Blaze races across the Arizona desert to check on Roxanne in the hospital, however Blaze wipes out and gets in an accident and lands himself in a hospital bed. Meanwhile, Sam Silvercloud and Snake Dance recover the near comatose Witch Woman to find her still possessed by Satan. They call in Daimon Hellstorm to help out with his paranormal expertise. However, after the call, Witch-Woman revives and walks out searching for John Blaze.
While at the hospital, Roxanne is visited by Bart who demands to make the Copperhead Canyon jump, and when both learn that Johnny is injured in the hospital that prevents any further argument. While Bart prepares for the jump, night falls and Johnny awakens becoming the Ghost Rider. He arrives at Copperhead Canyon just as Bart is making the jump, however Bart doesn't make it and is killed in the crash. The police then spot him, he then takes Roxanne and flees into the desert in a truck.
While elsewhere, Witch Woman arrives at the hospital to find that John is gone, and Hellstrom arrives at Snake Dancer's home to find that he is too late and Witch Woman has left before he could arrive.
- Although Daimon Hellstrom's father, Satan, and the Satan who made a deal with Johnny Blaze, were at this time considered to be the same entity, this fact was first retconned in Ghost Rider Vol 2 #68, where it was revealed that the latter was Mephisto, and again in Ghost Rider Vol 6 #5, where the Judeo-Catholic Devil, Lucifer, claimed to have been the Satan with whom Blaze made the pact.
A flashback in this story affects the chronology of the following characters:
Characters in this story also appear in other stories between this issue. The affected characters are:
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|